Need help with GDDR5

Caleb SF

I would normally suggest this:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4793#ov

Gigabyte R9 280x Windforce 3 (God damnit I love their WF3 coolers).

Problem is that the card is 285mm long (You mentioned you wanted to keep the drive bays in, and thus need to keep it around or under 250mm length). I don't know that there are any mid/high end cards that short? There might be. Does anyone know of one?

i ended up deciding on the PNY GTX 970 cause its a powerful card and its really short. Also it's blower style which is good for the small case.

i ended up deciding on the PNY GTX 970 cause its a powerful card and its really short. Also it's blower style which is good for the small case.

Indeed, small cramped cases are practically one of the only times you should get a blower style cooler :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

ya, would u say then it's a pretty solid build for rendering videos/ photoshop/ aftereffects and gaming? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/swiftfishy/saved/8fjRsY

Yep that should be pretty good.

You should make sure that all the GPGPU programs (Rendering, etc) you're using are CUDA compatible though. If one of the programs runs on OpenCL and isn't compatible with CUDA, then the 970 will be quite a bit slower then an AMD card.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Yep that should be pretty good.

You should make sure that all the GPGPU programs (Rendering, etc) you're using are CUDA compatible though. If one of the programs runs on OpenCL and isn't compatible with CUDA, then the 970 will be quite a bit slower then an AMD card.

the 970 is pretty much for the gaming side of the build.... i was going to go with a r9 290, but i couldnt find one small enough, plus the 970 is a slight bit better.

the 970 is pretty much for the gaming side of the build.... i was going to go with a r9 290, but i couldnt find one small enough, plus the 970 is a slight bit better.

Sure but when you're rendering video, you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to make sure it's being GPU accelerated. It'll save tons of time.

Sure but when you're rendering video, you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to make sure it's being GPU accelerated. It'll save tons of time.

well I've read from people that the ram will out perform videoram, that I should focus on the actual ram than the vram in the cards. Thats why I have 16gb. Not to mention the 4gb of ddr5 on the card itself. I'm not sure how you would be able to tell if the gpu makes a marginable difference.