Ideal Recording Drive for Programs like FRAPS

InspectorNinja

I plan to buy a second, high capacity drive for the sake of having an "off site" from the OS recording location sense about an hour of 1080p video takes up about 100+ gb of storage (200+ with 60fps). Just curious as to what would be a definate brand and model to get. Was looking into a TB WD Black drive but seems a tad overkill to me. Currently I only have a 500GB WD VelociRaptor drive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236244&cm_re=western_digital_velociraptor_500gb-_-22-236-244-_-Product Just want to make sure Im not shilling out more money than necessary when I could better budget it. Specially sense black Friday and cyber Monday coming up soon

WD black is great choice for that. Its not overkill at all.

WD black is great choice for that. Its not overkill at all.

Well that was fast

Hey there, @InspectorNinja!

I'd agree with @AleksaNS as well, I believe you will be satisfied with the WD Black. It's a performance drive and many users/customers are pleased with it using FRAPS or Dxtory. 

However, you already have our 10 000 RPM VelociRaptor, so if I were you I'd take another look at it and maybe get the 1 TB version. Especially if you are planning to use it for recording as well:

I guess there would be no wrong choice between the two, it really depends on your budget and purposes for the extra storage! 

Hope I helped though! :)

SuperSoph_WD

I hope I can help with any storage issues that you may have!  ;)