400$ DSLR

BaconPie

Hey, I'm a huge photo/video noob to be honest...This question isn't even for me, I'm helping to pick a nice DSLR/Camera for my friend.He plans to mainly use it for timelapses.Shooting videos is also something he likes to do so that doesnt hurts matters either.Photo capabilities are not all that important.He planns to use a tripod for timeplases, I guess that's important too.The price should be around 400$. (if it's a little bit more it's still ok)

Push the budget a bit and get a T3i?

The T3i ( 600D) has amazing video

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

The T3i (650D in someplaces? or 600D) has amazing video

650D is the T4i. I agree though, push the budget to a T3i / T4i / T5i, you wont regret it.

650D is the T4i. I agree though, push the budget to a T3i / T4i / T5i, you wont regret it.

T4i, isnt that good actually, not worth it compared to t5i and t3i

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

The T3i ( 600D) has amazing video

Hmm it looks quite good.(I guess :D) I talked with my friend, and he wants to know if there is a function that automaticly takes photos, (you set it for idk, 4 sec and it takes a photo every 4 seconds)

is this camera has this function?Oh and also what about about "nightlapse" and how legit is that?Sorry for my propably silly questions, as I said I'm a noob when it comes to photo/video :P

Hmm it looks quite good.(I guess :D) I talked with my friend, and he wants to know if there is a function that automaticly takes photos, (you set it for idk, 4 sec and it takes a photo every 4 seconds)

is this camera has this function?Oh and also what about about "nightlapse" and how legit is that?Sorry for my propably silly questions, as I said I'm a noob when it comes to photo/video :P

hacked firmwares like magiclantern can do that easily.

hacked firmwares like magiclantern can do that easily.

So it can't do it out of the box?

So it can't do it out of the box?

it might, im not 100% sure because I don't have it...

But im 100% sure you can do that with MagicLantern, an amazing firmware with really low risk