Best 970 for SLI and Watercooling

keithxue

Need for help here. What is the best 970? It has to have a waterblock for watercooling and also be good for future dual sli config. Thanks for your help in advance :)

I would say Gigabyte's Windforce

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

I would say Gigabyte's Windforce

Reference if you want a full waterblock. If not ^^

According to cooling configuration tool the windforce does not have a full waterblock :/ Any more suggestions that have an EK full waterblock?  

Reference if you want a full waterblock. If not ^^

Reference cards are a little hard to come by :/

According to cooling configuration tool the windforce does not have a full waterblock :/ Any more suggestions that have an EK full waterblock?

Ek is making wb for g1 cards

MSI is also a good choice

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

Ek is making wb for g1 cards

MSI is also a good choice

According to your knowledge which card is the best msi or g1? Thanks again for your trouble 

According to your knowledge which card is the best msi or g1? Thanks again for your trouble 

i own a g1 and is the pretty much the best 970 u can get right now,

cherry pick chip, good cooling. is not that loud even with 3 fans tbh.

MSI coil whining rate is higher than g1 :P! (no prove but remember some voting before )

I have a g1, the cherry picked chip is nice and all but in the end it is still an nvidia card. You are not gonna get tons of performance benefits from a waterblock unless you tinker with the VGA BIOS.

My g1 never exceeds 65 degrees under valley benchmark. There is definitely more over clocking headroom but nvidia doesn't allow me to over clock up to a certain point. That being said, I managed to get my g1 to 1600mhz with the "No limits" BIOS over at overclock.net using the windforce cooler.

If you want to make the most out of a water block, I suggest you go with AMD. Their cards run hotter than nvidia's but doesn't really matter since you are gonna slap on a water block. AMD also doesn't limit your over clock as much as nvidia. I used to rock 7970, it was pretty easy to push that card hard, all I did was flash a BIOS and unlock the voltage. Soon, I was hitting the thermal threshold of the cooler.

All in all, I think AMD cards let you push the card as hard as you want until your cooler can't take it. Nvidia cards do overclock, but they don't let you overclock past a certain point unless you edit the BIOS.