Far Cry 4 vs 3 performance ?

I/O

So I refuse to play FC3 until I upgrade my rig because FC3 is an unoptimized mess and gets shit performance. Should I just play FC4 instead ?

lol no. its runs slightly worse

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

lol no. its runs slightly worse

Guess that saves me some money then LOL.

Its not a direct sequel so you can skip to 4. 3 is a great game so I would say pick it up on sale, dont skip it. If you do wait to play 4 by the time you get around to it it should be patched to run better. 

Its not a direct sequel so you can skip to 4. 3 is a great game so I would say pick it up on sale, dont skip it. If you do wait to play 4 by the time you get around to it it should be patched to run better. 

Ya and buy then i will have beast intel Xeon proc with top of the line motherboard chipset. Then I say to any game bring it on tough guy LOL.

Wierd.  I'm having 0 problems with FC3, and performance is fantastic.  Picked it up last week during the sale.  Seems adequately "optimized"

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

What's your pc? FC3 and 4 are fine optimized, idk what you're talking about. 

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Wierd.  I'm having 0 problems with FC3, and performance is fantastic.  Picked it up last week during the sale.  Seems adequately "optimized"

It's easy to say a game runs good when you are running overkill hardware LOL 4790K and 980 LOL.

What's your pc? FC3 and 4 are fine optimized, idk what you're talking about. 

Phenom II x4 955 and HD 7850. It's working hard just running this web sight LOL.

So I refuse to play FC3 until I upgrade my rig because FC3 is an unoptimized mess and gets shit performance. Should I just play FC4 instead ?

Far Cry 3 runs decently smooth (30-35 FPS) at 720p low settings 2x AA on Intel HD 4400

Far Cry 4 doesn't even get 15FPS at 800x600 lowest settings no AA

"Rawr XD"

It's easy to say a game runs good when you are running overkill hardware LOL 4790K and 980 LOL.

Well OK, but relative to other games like it...can't complain

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

Far Cry 3 runs decently smooth (30-35 FPS) at 720p low settings 2x AA on Intel HD 4400

See the thing is that I don't even personally consider 720P and 30fps to be playable ... give me a headache and hurt my eyes after 15mins.

Well OK, but relative to other games like it...can't complain

You lost the right to bitch about not being able to run a game when you bought a top end i7 and 980 LOL.

FC3 does not run to well for the way it looks. It's not a bad looking game but thats more because the ascetics over graphics. It shouldn't take a 780 to run it maxed out 60fps. Should be 680 tops. Maybe even 760.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

FC3 does not run to well for the way it looks. It's not a bad looking game but thats more because the ascetics over graphics. It shouldn't take a 780 to run it maxed out 60fps. Should be 680 tops. Maybe even 760.

It doesn't look bad if you crank up the MSAA to the max. Otherwise it looks like a crappy console port optimized to run on the Xbox 360 and has issues on PC.

See the thing is that I don't even personally consider 720P and 30fps to be playable ... give me a headache and hurt my eyes after 15mins.

720P is perfectly fine on a 13" screen.

30-35 FPS is perfectly playable to me. I can turn AA off and get around 40 FPS. If Intel HD Graphics on a ULV chip can do that, chances are your rig can run it.

The point is that FC4 runs quite a lot worse at the same settings on the same hardware compared to FC3

"Rawr XD"

720P is perfectly fine on a 13" screen.

30-35 FPS is perfectly playable to me. I can turn AA off and get around 40 FPS. 

The point is that FC4 runs quite a lot worse at the same settings on the same hardware compared to FC3

I would never play on a 13" monitor. To awkward for me just as 30fps and 720P is awkward for me.

It doesn't look bad if you crank up the MSAA to the max. Otherwise it looks like a crappy console port optimized to run on the Xbox 360 and has issues on PC.

it was the overall muddy textures that make me think it's ugly. It's probably got crazy lighting but 9/10 complex lighting does not really make the game look that better in anything other than side by side screen shots. 

it was the overall muddy textures that make me think it's ugly. It's probably got crazy lighting but 9/10 complex lighting does not really make the game look that better in anything other than side by side screen shots. 

I could not stand the terribly present Aliasing all over the place in FC3. In order for the game to look decent I would have to put the AA on max but then performance would drop considerably to the point at which it make the game awkward to play IMO. 

You're trying to max out the filters with a 7850 and then you complain about optimization? Jesus, your hardware can't handle the game like that, if you want 1080p and 60fps, play it on medium-high with almost no filters.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

I could not stand the terribly present Aliasing all over the place in FC3. In order for the game to look decent I would have to put the AA on max but then performance would drop considerably to the point at which it make the game awkward to play IMO. 

Far cry 3 was one of the few shooters I played on my tv with a pad. So I guess that explains why I didn't have an issue with AA

I would never play on a 13" monitor. To awkward for me just as 30fps and 720P is awkward for me.

It's a laptop. Only choice when I have to carry it back and forth to school every day. A 15" is just too big and heavy.

"Rawr XD"

You're trying to max out the filters with a 7850 and then you complain about optimization? Jesus, your hardware can't handle the game like that, if you want 1080p and 60fps, play it on medium-high with almost no filters.

I had 2 7850s then and the game is so piss port optimized that it still ran like shit. 

It's a laptop. Only choice when I have to carry it back and forth to school every day. A 15" is just too big and heavy.

13" is good for portability for sure. At leased it's not a Mac LOL

I had 2 7850s then and the game is so piss port optimized that it still ran like shit. 

Well then your phenom is probably holding you back, it's not bad, but even an i5 Sandy would perform WAY better.

The game is fine, you know when a game is poorly optimized, look at AC Unity or watch dogs, but do you see people complaining about fc3 or fc4's optimization? Nope, games are fine, you need some high end shit to run it at max though. You should update your drivers if you haven't too.