GTX Titan - Monitor randomly goes "No Signal"

Hey Guys!

Earlier this month I decided I should try COD:AW, to see if Activision had finally pulled a decent COD game again and after some hours playing it I realized they did. The game was running fine despite the lag, but that wasn't my fault, it was the game's, until something that WAS MY FAULT happened: After sometime playing my screen would just change into a random solid color (but I would still hear the game) and either go black and display "No Signal" or after sometime the game would crash and it would prompt me to my desktop with a popup "Nvidia Graphics Driver 344.60 WHQL has recuperated...". 
At first I thought it was my driver, so I downgraded to 344.48 WHQL but it would still happen. Later, 344.65 WHQL launched but no luck there aswell. Now I'm on 344.75 WHQL and it just happened while I was playing Dayz Standalone (this time around it displayed the no signal, no recuperation occurred).
I have no idea what to do, buy a new GPU? Change my thermal compound? Upgrade my BIOS? I have no clue. Please enlighten me.

Best Regards,
João

System Specs:

- ASRock Z77 Extreme3
- Intel i5 2500k (OC'd 4.5ghZ)
- Zotac GeForce GTX Titan 6GB
- Corsair Vengeance Pro (4x4GB)
- EVGA Supernova 750G2
- 2x Kingston 120GB SSD's RAID 0
- Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM
- Samsung 500GB 7200RPM
- Corsair Obsidian 700D

- Running a 2 Monitor configuration: Acer S271HL (HDMI) and a BenQ GL2230 (VGA).

(Hope you can help me since nobody else could figure it out. Ty.)

It will be your HDMI more than likely, buy a new one or check the cable is in correctly.

Sometimes HDMI's do bend in the actual female slot, this can cause problems.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

driver crash, probably from overclocking, or trying to run a gpu intensive task in the background while running Cod.

*edit* or like skeletor Jackson said, the cable needs replacing.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

It will be your HDMI more than likely, buy a new one or check the cable is in correctly.

Sometimes HDMI's do bend in the actual female slot, this can cause problems.

Nice, okay. Gonna hook it up through DVI, hoping for the best.

Thanks a lot Mush.

driver crash, probably from overclocking, or trying to run a gpu intensive task in the background while running Cod.

Well, I had it overclocked before (slightly) but when this first happened I removed the OC.

I am not aware of any intensive tasks running on the background but I'll check it out.

Thanks!

Try the following. Installing fresh drivers but using Display Driver Uninstaller first.  

Uninstall your current drivers (make sure you have the newest drivers already downloaded to your computer though). Restart. Make sure Windows Update DOES NOT automatically install drivers for you (you can do this by unplugging internet for a moment). Run Display Driver Uninstaller, Basically Select Both NVIDIA and AMD and select "Uninstall Current and Previous Drivers, DO NOT RESTART."  Then restart after you do both AMD and NVIDIA removal. Install New Drivers after restarted (the ones you have downloaded already). Restart Computer. Plug in internet again, make sure Windows Update doesn't try to install an older version of the drivers (if you see it appears in Windows Update just hide it). 

See if that works.

Try the following. Installing fresh drivers but using Display Driver Uninstaller first.  

Uninstall your current drivers (make sure you have the newest drivers already downloaded to your computer though). Restart. Make sure Windows Update DOES NOT automatically install drivers for you (you can do this by unplugging internet for a moment). Run Display Driver Uninstaller, Basically Select Both NVIDIA and AMD and select "Uninstall Current and Previous Drivers, DO NOT RESTART."  Then restart after you do both AMD and NVIDIA removal. Install New Drivers after restarted (the ones you have downloaded already). Restart Computer. Plug in internet again, make sure Windows Update doesn't try to install an older version of the drivers (if you see it appears in Windows Update just hide it). 

See if that works.

Gonna try that for sure,

Thanks StroOnZ!

I think it's not the cable because it's not only the HDMI monitor that doesn't show stuff, the VGA one doesn't aswell.

See if that works.

Did that and it happened again in DayZ, right now. I can't play anything, it is horrible. I need help!

You have integrated graphics on your 2500k, see if that works.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

You have integrated graphics on your 2500k, see if that works.

Not quite sure how would that help

Did that and it happened again in DayZ, right now. I can't play anything, it is horrible. I need help!

Try downclocking your cards -100MHz on the core and memory. Then run Heaven Benchmark 4.0. See if it loses signal there after doing that. 

Try downclocking your cards -100MHz on the core and memory. Then run Heaven Benchmark 4.0. See if it loses signal there after doing that. 

Did that, about to test it.

I guess it worked for a while, then I was reading the news on Chrome and it happened again...

I guess it worked for a while, then I was reading the news on Chrome and it happened again...

Few other things you can try:

Go to Power Options in Control Panel in Windows and select "High Performance" 

Open NVIDIA Control Panel, go to Manage 3D Settings, under Power management mode select "Prefer maximum performance." 

Also, did you open up  your computer and check all your cables. Make sure everything is plugged in all the way. Have you tried re-seating the card itself. Double checking all the wires in the process make sure everything is plugged in fully.

Few other things you can try:

Go to Power Options in Control Panel in Windows and select "High Performance" 

Open NVIDIA Control Panel, go to Manage 3D Settings, under Power management mode select "Prefer maximum performance." 

Also, did you open up  your computer and check all your cables. Make sure everything is plugged in all the way. Have you tried re-seating the card itself. Double checking all the wires in the process make sure everything is plugged in fully.

Gonna try all that!

Again, thanks a lot for helping me, I'll let you know what happens.

Its the Nvidia drivers they did an update about a month ago which started causing crashes, had it fixed fora few updates and now its back ive got the same problem, sometimes it stop if you reinstall the drivers.

Have yet to that kind of issue between my cards. Except when flashing the bios.

How long does it take to happen while gaming or benchmarking? Are monitoring the temps of the cpu/gpu?

Depending on the age and how you bought it, the thermal compound could be an issue.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Not quite sure how would that help

To see if your display is broken, or your gpu

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

It happens randomly. Sometimes I can play for an hour without crashes, sometime 5 min. I was browsing LTT 2 minutes ago and it happened. It isn't workload related.

I was actually having this problem with my 550ti sli setup awhile back. Cant remember for sure what was done to fix it, pretty sure a re install of windows covered everything.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

@Jvov

Do you have another card you can test out with to see if it has the same problem. Maybe borrow a friend's card and test it out for a little bit. Because if it doesn't have the problem with another card then, it's obviously the Titan and it needs to be RMA'ed. 

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue but I am not able to resolve it with any means. I bought x titan 200 from cyberpowerpc and after playing game for like an hour display went black and did not come back again. I have no clue how to proceed with this problem. I do not have any display