What Else should I add to this build

bossman111

Hi There,

I need to know whether there is anything else I can add to this build.

I have already purchased all of the items;

Ram:
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (4GBx4) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) CL16 SR x8 Unbuffered DIMM 288-Pin Memory

Optical Drive:
ASUS BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS 12X Blu-ray Internal Burner Drive with Disc Encryption

Case:
Cooler Master HAF X - Full Tower Computer Case with High Airflow Windowed Side Panel and USB 3.0 

CPU:
Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W Desktop Processor 

MotherBoard:
ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME, Extended ATX x99 Motherboard , LGA 2011-V3 Socket, DDR4 3300Mhz+(OC) 

CPU Cooler:
Noctua NH-D15 (I plan to game for very long hours on 4k, But I am reluctant to get WaterCooling for fear of leaks or evaporation)

Hardrives:
2 x Western Digital 4 TB Green SATA III 5400 RPM 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM (Storage) 
1 x Intel SSD DC P3700 Series SSDPEDMD400G401 (400GB, 1/2 Height PCIe 3.0, 20nm, MLC) (For installing games/programs/OS) 

GPU:
2 x GTX 980 Geforce Gigabyte G1

Power Supply:
EVGA Supernova 1000 

Monitor:
Samsung 28-Inch Ultra High Definition LED Monitor

Anything you guys can add to that will improve this overall gaming build then I'm all ears :D

That's your gaming build...?

Wooooooow you wasted money. :(

Took the words right out of my mouth.....
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I need to know whether there is anything else I can add to this build.

Anything you guys can add to that will improve this overall gaming build then I'm all ears :D

Bling?   How about lights some where?  

Contrary to the naysayers, I think the parts you picked looks good.  You'll be able to do a lot more than play video games for a long time with all that.   Be proud, don't let the you-spent-too-much comments annoy you.  

They'll dog on your processor choice, and say your motherboard was too expensive, and DDR4 is overkill for current gen games... yadda yadda...   But who cares.  You're gonna have a great computer. 

OVER-KILL!

THERE IS NO NEED FOR A i7X FOR GAMING!
OR 16Gb of DDR4 RAM!

LASTLY YOU DON'T NEED TWO 4TB WD Greens for STORAGE!

Because he had a hard drive.

Says who?  You already saw how much data he has?  Maybe he has a large music library, and a gigantic collection of movies.  Or maybe he wants to have large collections and will be storing a lot of stuff in the (very long) life of this computer.  

My son's computer has three terabytes of drive space in it.  And we have another 3TB hard drive of movies connected to our smart TV.   What's so outlandish about having 8TB of storage?  

I think he's got some money, and got his ducks in a row.  He's a man that knows what he wants.  I'm a bit jealous.  I suppose you guys are, too.  

Unless the OP is full of crap and he hasn't bought anything.  ;)

Says who?  You already saw how much data he has?  Maybe he has a large music library, and a gigantic collection of movies.  Or maybe he wants to have large collections and will be storing a lot of stuff in the (very long) life of this computer.  

My son's computer has three terabytes of drive space in it.  And we have another 3TB hard drive of movies connected to our smart TV.   What's so outlandish about having 8TB of storage?  

I think he's got some money, and got his ducks in a row.  He's a man that knows what he wants.  I'm a bit jealous.  I suppose you guys are, too.  

I would like to hear what the OP has to say.  @bossman111

That's your gaming build...?

Wooooooow you wasted money. :(

OVER-KILL!

THERE IS NO NEED FOR A i7X FOR GAMING!

OR 16Gb of DDR4 RAM!

Hey, at least he won't have to upgrade for ages. I wouldn't assume what people need or don't need, let them decide.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Hey, at least he won't have to upgrade for ages. I wouldn't assume what people need or don't need, let them decide.

Still waiting for OP to respond

He will never need to upgrade.

Hi There,

Use pcpartpicker.com. Even if one is not buying in the US it can be used, just set the prices to zero or ignore them.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

It bugs me that OP bought WD Green drives. Why Green. You spend god-knows-how-much on a freaking PCIe SSD, but you buy WD Green drives - and this is a gaming rig. OP should've bought 2 x 4TB WD Black drives instead of those Green ones for a performance boost.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

It bugs me that OP bought WD Green drives. Why Green. You spend god-knows-how-much on a freaking PCIe SSD, but you buy WD Green drives - and this is a gaming rig. OP should've bought 2 x 4TB WD Black drives instead of those Green ones for a performance boost.

Media load times won't notice much of a difference between a Green and Black drive.

Still waiting for OP to respond

It wouldn't matter what he has to say. He wants it.  

I could get to and from work every day in a Ford Fiesta.  But if I want a nice ride that performs above and beyond, and if I can afford it, why not get a Mercedes?  A Fiesta does the exact same thing, right?    

No.  The Mercedes does it with style and class.  And the driver gets a sense of pride and atmosphere while driving it. 

Exact same thing with a computer.  

This picture will be used well around here I believe.

tumblr_m36g9om5JD1rq0hyro1_500.jpg

This picture will be used well around here I believe.

My point still stands.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

It's a flawed point.

To each their own. Or however the saying goes :P

Media load times won't notice much of a difference between a Green and Black drive.

In games there will be a difference. Keep in mind this is a gaming machine OP is building.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Keep in mind this is a gaming machine OP is building.

Right, but he also said the HDDs will be storage, and the SSD will be for games and programs. 

Right, but he also said the HDDs will be storage, and the SSD will be for games and programs. 

Ok I see your point. But since OP is going balls to the walls for pretty much everything, why not?  :D

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Ok I see your point. But since OP is going balls to the walls for pretty much everything, why not?  :D

iunno.   I could try to say for cost saving on the electric bill, but energy usage was only lowered about 5 watts going with the Greens.  

I wonder if 5400rpm drives have a longer life expectancy than 7200s.  <ponders>  

Hey guys,

Sorry to cause all the hate, but I forgot to mention why I got each part for, so allow me to explain;

Ram:
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (4GBx4) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) CL16 SR x8 Unbuffered DIMM 288-Pin Memory

(DDR4 Memory just recently came out, it has 20 more features than DDR3 not to mention that it will be a LONG time before DDR5 comes out IF we haven't already move to a new interface by then. Also DDR3 had similar speeds to GDDR5 memory which leads me to conclude that DDR4 Memory would be much more efficient and given the fact that in the event you run out of GDDR memory in GPU's when running high end games, it automatically takes from your DDR memory which will cause a lag, but I am hoping with the new DDR4 the "Lag" issue has been solved.)

Source:

AND

Optical Drive:

ASUS BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS 12X Blu-ray Internal Burner Drive with Disc Encryption
(Well what can I say, I have parents who are....Old Schooled...Also its better to have it as there are still many places that use the cd/dvd/bdvd interfaces)

Source: http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/982/e-mails.jpg

Case:
Cooler Master HAF X - Full Tower Computer Case with High Airflow Windowed Side Panel and USB 3.0 (Already Purchased)
(Was well priced, had VERY GOOD cooling and as I was going with ONLY air cooled build it seemed perfect, not to mention that it was big enough to fit all my components but not to big to fit into my suitcase)

Source:

CPU:
Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W Desktop Processor (Already Purchased)

(This is really a no brainer if you want the best and smoothest gameplay experience. Even though the 4790K and 5820K can deliver close to similar FPS it will stutter when playing UHD 4K Games which is a big NO-NO for me)

Source:

MotherBoard:
ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME, Extended ATX x99 Motherboard , LGA 2011-V3 Socket, DDR4 3300Mhz+(OC) (Already Purchased)

(This was pretty straight forward. It has SEVERAL PCI and PCIe lanes most of which are x16/x8 and I believe 1 is x4. ALL of them are 3rd generation PCI.

It also can house the new DDR4 RAM and the 2011 CPU's.)

Source:

CPU Cooler:
Noctua NH-D15 (I plan to game for very long hours on 4k, But I am reluctant to get WaterCooling for fear of leaks or evaporation)

(This one I got to be honest I went across many forums from tomshardware, linustechtips, pcadvisor, anandtech, etc. Everyone mentioned this one as the No.1 air cooler for CPUs' so i just went with it. Linus also made a video on it that really helped me make this decision.)

Source: 

Hardrives:
2 x Western Digital 4 TB Green SATA III 5400 RPM 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM (Storage) (Already Purchased)

(I'm an avid anime watcher and I'm a bit of a digital hoarder to lol :P. At the moment I am using 3 external WD drives, a 1TB a 2TB and a 4 TB with only about 1.5 TBs left of free space collectively. So yeah I figured since WD Green use less power and have the longest life out of most HDD's I figured it was the best way to go as I'd only be using it for storage.)

1 x Intel SSD DC P3700 Series SSDPEDMD400G401 (400GB, 1/2 Height PCIe 3.0, 20nm, MLC) (For installing games/programs/OS) (Already Purchased)

(Cmon, lets face it everyone knows PCI SSD's are the fastest thing out there and are about 4x faster than any SSD can ever be and this one from intel is PCIE native which means it can be booted from. So with a read of 2700-2800 Mbs and Write of 1080Mbs I won't have any long load times for well...anything really.It also has a new feature called NVMe which is Non-Volatile Memory Express which is much more efficient in terms of speed to load familiar programs.)

Source: 

GPU:
2 x GTX 980 Geforce Gigabyte G1 

Source: 

Power Supply:
EVGA Supernova 1000 (Already Purchased)

(Also can use the new features of the CPU 2011 V3)

Monitor:
Samsung 28-Inch Ultra High Definition LED Monitor (Already Purchased it....Before the new ASUS monitor came out T_T)

Actually this monitor is very much so geared for gaming. It only has three drawbacks:

- Dull Blue and Grey colours aren't displayed as well as they should

- The outside is made with cheap materials

- It uses Display Port 1.2 not 1.2a 

TN panels, although they are cheap are still great for gaming due to the speed at which it switches images as well as being able to run at much higher refresh rates (which means more FPS) than other monitor types. The drawbacks that these monitors have are they they are not as great as IPS and VA when it comes to displaying colour, and some colours can appear very inaccurate at certain viewing angles. 

IPS monitors, although they are much MUCH better at colour reproduction and have better veiwing angles they suffer from motion blur and are not as fast as TN panels.

So for competitive gaming TN panels are the way to go which makes the UD590 absolutely great for competitive gamers who want to game at 4k, although the ASUS PB287Q is slightly better in the sense that it has an adjustable stand but it is slightly (and I mean SLIGHTLY) slower than the UD590.

I think I got everything there, so as I said what else do you think I can add to this build?