Cosplay is a killer hobby

MoonSpot

22 year old darren hunt cosplaying as a character from samurai champloo gets shot 5 times, in the back, by police in "self defence"...
The dangers of prop swords appear to be very real...in Utah, for the wielder

Source
http://crooksandliars.com/2014/10/autopsy-reveals-black-man-was-shot-five

As there are a few anime lovers here I felt it appropriate to relay the news.

:EDIT: addition of excerpt to highlight the surreal

"...official autopsy reports now tell a slightly different story, which backs up the private autopsy commissioned just after his death. Despite the police attempt to paint Hunt as some sort of enraged psychopath tripping on acid, no drugs were found in his system after death. More tellingly, the autopsy report has confirmed that Hunt was shot five times in the back, and another time on his left-rear hip. There are also no witness reports indicating that the sword was in his hand at the time"...

'MURICA (sorry it just has to be done)

How real did the sword look?

Did the cosplayer draw the sword and attempt to strike?

Are there laws surrounding the carrying of imitations or replicas of historical weaponry?

If not, there might be a violation on Police rules of engagement there and some human rights violations...

The most offensive part of the article was how they sarcastically made the remark that "race meant nothing" to the shooting. What are they trying to accomplish? Ferguson v2?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

ok its sad. but I have to say that : why the hell are they making ebola a reference to a number of deaths. it is nothing compared to other deseases. and even thern WHY WOULD YOU TAKE EBOLA AS AN EXAMPLE

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I think the story is sensational enough without calling upon race and ebola taglines myself, but I guess we're among the few who find excessive use of force by judge dread type police to be a serious enough of a grab line in and of itself.  The sheltered lives we lead I guess.

tbh I could barely read the article without the feels getting in the way and needing a stiff drink just to break up the depravity.

I don't care about the legal status of swords, without a gun being involved, you can't claim self defence when you shoot someone in the back.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

I've already lost faith in the US government, every day that goes by It makes me want to move more and more.

Way too many trigger happy cops in USA  :( scary place...

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).