Corsair H105 not touching cpu

Hi,

I need, yet again, help with my cooler, the cooler nor the thermal paste is having contact with my cpu, which causes the cpu to overheat.

Does someone know how to fix it or is it a manufacturing's fault?

System:  MSI X99 Gaming 7, I7-5820K

Did you tighten the cpu cooler enough?

I think so, the cooler has been tighten really well, especially after I discovered it not touching it.

Hi,

I need, yet again, help with my cooler, the cooler nor the thermal paste is having contact with my cpu, which causes the cpu to overheat.

Does someone know how to fix it or is it a manufacturing's fault?

System:  MSI X99 Gaming 7, I7-5820K

I've seen some people having the same problem, and it turned out the mounting hardware on the back of the motherboard was not orientated properly. Check that

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

I've seen some people having the same problem, and it turned out the mounting hardware on the back of the motherboard was not orientated properly. Check that

Do you mean the one that is already there? because using the 2011-3 does not need the supplied one

Do you mean the one that is already there? because using the 2011-3 does not need the supplied one

Not sure if the h100 have support for 2011-3.But i may be wrong

after some google research people seems to be fine with it

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Not sure if the h100 have support for 2011-3.But i may be wrong

It's the H105, and it has support for 2011-3 (it has seperate screws for it)

It's the H105, and it has support for 2011-3 (it has seperate screws for it)

My bad sorry i am lil tired

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

My bad sorry i am lil tired

NP, thank you for trying to help :P

think i got confused with another cooler, my bad

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit