GTX780 questions

EMENCII

Hi guys,

I have some questions about my GTX780...

When oc'd, the core makes a priiiiii noise (i assume is the core because the memory isnt oc'd, and the fans are still at minimum, so what should be? the vrm?) so should i be warned or is not sth that will break? (shouldnt do that noise...)

How can I unlock the vcore on AB 4.0.0 to 1.3v? (the card is already flashed)

Ocing the cpu (4770k) to 4.1Ghz and the gpu to 1063Mhz, the 3DMark score is higher than 4.1Ghz and 1214Mhz (1.2v)... We are talking of 15350 vs 15000 on 3Dmark 11 Performance... Should i clock down the gpu? What's wrong?

Thanks,

EMENCII

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

Hi guys,

I have some questions about my GTX780...

When oc'd, the core makes a priiiiii noise (i assume is the core because the memory isnt oc'd, and the fans are still at minimum, so what should be? the vrm?) so should i be warned or is not sth that will break? (shouldnt do that noise...)

How can I unlock the vcore on AB 4.0.0 to 1.3v? (the card is already flashed)

Ocing the cpu (4770k) to 4.1Ghz and the gpu to 1063Mhz, the 3DMark score is higher than 4.1Ghz and 1214Mhz (1.2v)... We are talking of 15350 vs 15000 on 3Dmark 11 Performance... Should i clock down the gpu? What's wrong?

Thanks,

EMENCII

Depending on what's hapenning on your machine at the time you run 3dmark the scores may vary...you'd have to run it multiple times and do an average to really see where you at...

Also about the noise coming from the card, this is called coil whine and it will most likely increase if you send more current through the chip...don't worry tho this is not dangerous in any ways, its normal.

About unlock the voltage i know you have to flash the bios of the card first...if that's done and you still havent control on that i guess you got a wrong version of your desired bios so perhaps maybe try another one.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Here is the following directions to unlock voltage to 1.3v:

"Volt Mod guide rewrite by Occamrazor"

Go to Program files (x86) and locate MsiAfterburner folder and press "shift" and right click on the MsiAfterburner folder:

2dj7v47.png

click "open command window here"
Insert these commands (one or the other depends on your card) without the commas:"msiafterburner /ri4,20,99" or "msiafterburner /ri3,20,99"

vslx1i.png

if it return "41" you may have unlocked the 1.3v

Now go to profiles folder inside Afterburner folder :

51rhb5.png

Now open the: VEN_10DE&DEV_1004&SUBSYS_27843842&REV_A1&BUS_3&DEV_0&FN_0.... files inside the profiles folder and add
these lines:

[settings]

VDDC_Generic_Detection=0
VDDC_NCP4206_Detection=3:20h

10z3byh.png

now save and close notepad and restart Afterburner, it will ask you to reboot, if not go back and redo the guide as you failed to do some step!

LLC HACK

Download the LLC hack:

LLC hack ,press windows key + R,

29y360n.png

Type SHELL:STARTUP into the start/search field and press ENTER

Unzip it to the start up folder you just opened!

Double click LLC-0.EXE! from now on every time you start your computer this exe will execute and disable the LLC for your cards!

that is coil whine, there is nothing you can do about it.

hm, that doesnt make a lot of sense. did you run the test multiple times?

Actually 3 times, the second was the best, and the third went "down" a bit... Just that one...

Here is the following directions to unlock voltage to 1.3v:

"Volt Mod guide rewrite by Occamrazor"

Go to Program files (x86) and locate MsiAfterburner folder and press "shift" and right click on the MsiAfterburner folder:

2dj7v47.png

click "open command window here"

Insert these commands (one or the other depends on your card) without the commas:"msiafterburner /ri4,20,99" or "msiafterburner /ri3,20,99"

vslx1i.png

if it return "41" you may have unlocked the 1.3v

Now go to profiles folder inside Afterburner folder :

51rhb5.png

Now open the: VEN_10DE&DEV_1004&SUBSYS_27843842&REV_A1&BUS_3&DEV_0&FN_0.... files inside the profiles folder and add

these lines:

[settings]

VDDC_Generic_Detection=0

VDDC_NCP4206_Detection=3:20h

10z3byh.png

now save and close notepad and restart Afterburner, it will ask you to reboot, if not go back and redo the guide as you failed to do some step!

LLC HACK

Download the LLC hack:

LLC hack ,press windows key + R,

29y360n.png

Type SHELL:STARTUP into the start/search field and press ENTER

Unzip it to the start up folder you just opened!

Double click LLC-0.EXE! from now on every time you start your computer this exe will execute and disable the LLC for your cards!

Actually my voltage was unlocked only to +37mV, flashed the card it has been unlocked to +62mV, and that guide doesnt work for me (v4.0.0)... (it says that i should run it with the v3 beta 18 or sth, but installed the beta, with the v4 installed, the v3 crashes...)

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

Actually 3 times, the second was the best, and the third went "down" a bit... Just that one...

Actually my voltage was unlocked only to +37mV, flashed the card it has been unlocked to +62mV, and that guide doesnt work for me (v4.0.0)... (it says that i should run it with the v3 beta 18 or sth, but installed the beta, with the v4 installed, the v3 crashes...)

Did you try the Voltage Unlocker tool:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1425102/updated-ab-b18-team-skyn3ts-unlocked-ncp4206-voltage-llc-mod-tool

Now i've tried it, and it doesn'n raise the voltage (didnt disable the llc, though)

Did you follow the Step by Step guide?

Yep, 1.20v (will be 1.225 and then changed the core clock in ab, but the vcore is still at 1.212...

Try posting on OCN, in either the 780 Owners Club: 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1393791/official-nvidia-gtx-780-owners-club

or the Voltage Unlocker Tool Thread:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1425102/updated-ab-b18-team-skyn3ts-unlocked-ncp4206-voltage-llc-mod-tool

Maybe someone with more experience can assist you.