should i just upgrade things or get a completly new pc.

hey. i made another post about what people thought about a build i was trying to get together. but the day after i wondered if my pc right now is soiled enough to simply get a new case and slap some new things with the old in there.

Processor Intel® Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz Manufacturer Intel Speed 3.4 GHz Number of Cores 8 Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Manufacturer NVIDIA Chipset GeForce GTX 560 Dedicated Memory 1.2 GB Total Memory 4.0 GB Memory 16 GB

this is my current set up.
so i was wondering. is it better for me to get a new video card only or should i scrap the i7 as well?
(im a total noob when it comes to pc parts and building so please do keep that in mind when you throw your tech knowladge my way)

Get a new gpu.The cpu is very good

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

hey. i made another post about what people thought about a build i was trying to get together. but the day after i wondered if my pc right now is soiled enough to simply get a new case and slap some new things with the old in there.

Processor Intel® Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz Manufacturer Intel Speed 3.4 GHz Number of Cores 8 Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Manufacturer NVIDIA Chipset GeForce GTX 560 Dedicated Memory 1.2 GB Total Memory 4.0 GB Memory 16 GB

so i was wondering. is it better for me to get a new video card only or should i scrap the i7 as well?

(im a total noob when it comes to pc parts and building so please do keep that in mind when you throw your tech knowladge my way)

Get 970/290x.

3770 is still a beastly CPU :D

First of all, the CPU is only 4 cores. Second what PSU do you have?

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)

change the GPU, the 3770k is still (nearly) on par with most new top end CPU's.

btw  its only a 4 core CPU, not 8.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

It has hyper threading, so it has 8 cores but 4 physical cores.

None of the mainstream core i7 have 8 physical cores. It's 4 cores with HT which makes that to 8 threads. The only desktop segment cpu with 8 physical cores is the core i7 5960x.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

my PSU is 450 watt. and my motherbord is a MEDION H77H2-EM if that could help anything

Just upgrade your GPU and add at least another 4gb of RAM (bump it up to 16gb if you can afford it) is what I'd say. I hear that is a great CPU so no problems there.

figured i might as well upgrade my motherbord and use my old GPU with the new one for some extra power. or is that a full 180 nono? as said my old gpu is a gtx 560. prety sure it has 2 way sli avaible.

It has hyper threading, so it has 8 cores but 4 physical cores.

Intel does not refer to threads as cores because they aren't cores. 4 Cores 8 Threads, saying it like you did leads to confusion so avoid doing that.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

well maybe for your perspective and most people you would prefer to upgrade and yes it's a cheaper route.

but in my case I tend to build a whole new computer and just find some nice looking case to either go in my new build or on my old one if I still like the current case.

Live your life like a dream.

my PSU is 450 watt. and my motherbord is a MEDION H77H2-EM if that could help anything

Upgrade the GPU, and maybe the PSU to 550/600 watt one, depends on what GPU you want to get

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)