A little help with CPU's...

Jdogbf

With the System requirments of AC: Unity being confirmed needing a FX-8350@4.0GHz, would my FX 8320@3.5(4.0 turbo) be ok, or should I just overclock it to 4.0, or would I need to pick up a FX 8350?

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

do not waste your money buying the 8350 just get a cheap cpu cooler like the 212 evo if you don't have one and overclock it if you fell you need to overclock

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

You probably will fair just as well as someone with an i7 8960x @ 14ghz. Because no matter how good your hardware is, you can't escape ubisofts insanely shitty ports. Don't do it man! Vote with you wallet!

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

You probably will fair just as well as someone with an i7 8960x @ 14ghz. Because no matter how good your hardware is, you can't escape ubisofts insanely shitty ports. Don't do it man! Vote with you wallet!

Their port may be shitty but it doesn't mean you need an 8350 to run the thing....

Their port may be shitty but it doesn't mean you need an 8350 to run the thing....

That would be a waste of money but my point is that he can upgrade all day. It does not mean that it won't run like crap as does every ubisoft port. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

That would be a waste of money but my point is that he can upgrade all day. It does not mean that it won't run like crap as does every ubisoft port. 

You're missing the point..

You're missing the point..

Clearly I am. Please explain what I am missing?

Clearly I am. Please explain what I am missing?

It doesn't matter how bad it runs from low end hardware to high end hardware, we get that, it's crap.

However, you don't need high end hardware to run the game to begin with.

It doesn't matter how bad it runs from low end hardware to high end hardware, we get that, it's crap.

However, you don't need high end hardware to run the game to begin with.

"That would be a waste of money" I never said he needed higher end hardware. So im still not sure what I missed.

I will just let my friend get it first and try it out. It is what I normally do seeing how he loves the AC games. :) Anyways... thanks for the tips.

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

Yeah Ubisoft is just talking piss, either it will run fine, or they've made the game so poorly that it won't be enjoyable

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Seeing as you have a pretty good cooler and mobo, you should be able to put you're 8320 at 4.2GHz on stock voltage no problem

edit: but you probably don't have to, your 750ti is by far the weakest link

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Best thing to do is wait until the game comes out. Nobody can really tell you until then.  :rolleyes:

Even taking the game out of consideration, your'e probably best off OCing anyway. And as for the game, a 4+ gigahertz OC on a 212 EVO should be possible as long as you are on the upper three-quarters in the Silicon Lottery

Part of the Q6600 club