Asus z97-A, XMP question

I got my pc installed and working yesterday, first thing I noticed is that the ram was 1600Mhz CL11 instead of 1866 CL9 (which is what I bought.), I called the store and the tech guy told me to go into the bios and change the XMP profile, when I found the option it said "XMP - enabled" and I switched it to "XMP - Profile #1", now it recognizes the 1866 CL9, but before saving from BIOS I read through all the changes applying that profile made, one of them was "CPU core frequency [AUTO] to [ALL THE SAME]", is that normal? All I did was appliy XMP profile #1, thank you.

I got my pc installed and working yesterday, first thing I noticed is that the ram was 1600Mhz CL11 instead of 1866 CL9 (which is what I bought.), I called the store and the tech guy told me to go into the bios and change the XMP profile, when I found the option it said "XMP - enabled" and I switched it to "XMP - Profile #1", now it recognizes the 1866 CL9, but before saving from BIOS I read through all the changes applying that profile made, one of them was "CPU core frequency [AUTO] to [ALL THE SAME]", is that normal? All I did was appliy XMP profile #1, thank you.

Yes, thats fine.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Yes, thats fine.

Giving you an update. Basically my i5 4690k has 3.5Ghz frequency up to 3.9Ghz turbo-boost, right? Since I switched to XMP #1, my CPU's been on 3.9Ghz, it's just staying there not going down to 3.5 again, why is it doing that? I ran a stress test for 15-20 min on 100% usage and the highest temp I got was 61°C.

Giving you an update. Basically my i5 4690k has 3.5Ghz frequency up to 3.9Ghz turbo-boost, right? Since I switched to XMP #1, my CPU's been on 3.9Ghz, it's just staying there not going down to 3.5 again, why is it doing that? I ran a stress test for 15-20 min on 100% usage and the highest temp I got was 61°C.

If you're stress testing, it is going to push it to the maximum 3.9Ghz.  Anyways, your temperatures are very good, so you're fine.  Below 85C for 24/7 use is where you want to be.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

If you're stress testing, it is going to push it to the maximum 3.9Ghz.  Anyways, your temperatures are very good, so you're fine.  Below 85C for 24/7 use is where you want to be.

No, since I switched to XMP profile #1 it's been on 3.9ghz all the time, with or without stress testing.

No, since I switched to XMP profile #1 it's been on 3.9ghz all the time, with or without stress testing.

What are you using to measure this?  HWiNFO?  CPU-Z?  Task Manager?

Use HWiNFO.