why does my note 2 battery die so quickly ?

alihazzi7

I charge it in the morning full charge, when I come back from college the battery is at 3% that's 5 hours on full charge. Why!!!!!

its lithium ion battery degredation

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

its lithium ion battery degredation

How much is a real new one coz I dont trust ebay or amazo with samsung stuff

How much is a real new one coz I dont trust ebay or amazo with samsung stuff

Then how will you get a new one?

tumblr_n802j4fEiS1tfdmd3o4_400.gif

Because he had a hard drive.

I would try the usual empty the battery and charge while off deal.

Depending on how old your phone is, you can either roll with it, try to contact the manufacturer/carrier, whichever deals with that in your area, to get the battery replaced or buy another battery and replace it yourself. You could also get a new phone, but meh, waste of money/being on contract is not always great.

If you end up buying a new battery, i'd look up from where you shouldn't buy. i bet hong kong/china in general is still something to be careful with.

I charge it in the morning full charge, when I come back from college the battery is at 3% that's 5 hours on full charge. Why!!!!!

Is there anything in the background draining your battery? On the S4 that I had a while ago, one day the battery started draining super fast, after a while I went into battery usage and found "Mediaserver" using up 90% of my battery. Factory reset fixed it.

"Rawr XD"

Then how will you get a new one?

tumblr_n802j4fEiS1tfdmd3o4_400.gif

EE shop orange shop carphone were house

Do you have Bluetooth and WiFi turned on?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I would guess you got a bunch of shit running all the time that doesn't need to be. do a clean install and just back your important shit up should clean up a lot of the background mess. 

Is there anything in the background draining your battery? On the S4 that I had a while ago, one day the battery started draining super fast, after a while I went into battery usage and found "Mediaserver" using up 90% of my battery. Factory reset fixed it.

On my use it says screen 48%

I would guess you got a bunch of shit running all the time that doesn't need to be. do a clean install and just back your important shit up should clean up a lot of the background mess.

I never run anything in the background.

I always end task when done soo yaa.

On my use it says screen 48%

Well even if the battery is bad, it shouldn't be getting 5 hours of standby time doing nothing. If you don't have a lot of stuff on your phone I would try a factory reset before shelling out money for a new battery.

"Rawr XD"

If you still have Jelly Bean, try wake lock detector(Doesn't work with KitKat unless if you have root access). I had some apps(TextNow) that were eating my battery and after I uninstalled them/fixed them I saw an improvement with battery life. Wake Lock Detector will tell you if you have any "rogue" apps that keep your device awake or run heavily in the bckground.

Also do you have a Micro SD card installed in your GN2?  If the card is full it will drain your battery big time(its a known glitch that never was fixed. I had this issue as well and removing my Micro SD card fixed the issue).

My note 2 dies really fast after an OS update. But then somehow fixes itself. (I'm on cyanogenmod)

For me, some days the battery is amazing, some days it's crap. It's really weird.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

If you still have Jelly Bean, try wake lock detector(Doesn't work with KitKat unless if you have root access). I had some apps(TextNow) that were eating my battery and after I uninstalled them/fixed them I saw an improvement with battery life. Wake Lock Detector will tell you if you have any "rogue" apps that keep your device awake or run heavily in the bckground.

Also do you have a Micro SD card installed in your GN2?  If the card is full it will drain your battery big time(its a known glitch that never was fixed. I had this issue as well and removing my Micro SD card fixed the issue).

I have kitkat 4.4.2 yeah I have a 64gb sd card that is nearly full my device is nearly full aswell

I have kitkat 4.4.2 yeah I have a 64gb sd card that is nearly full my device is nearly full aswell

Remove the SD card, it will probably fix it. When My SD was full it ran really slow and only had a 5 hour battery life(in sleep). If it helps when you remove your SD card, you will have to clear out some space on it(and probably your internal storage too).

Remove the SD card, it will probably fix it. When My SD was full it ran really slow and only had a 5 hour battery life(in sleep). If it helps when you remove your SD card, you will have to clear out some space on it(and probably your internal storage too).

To much usefull data on it for day to day use :(