Interstellar Movie Experience in Oculus Rift VR exhibit

Now that's one way to promote a movie.. B)

1412611550001-SS1-2014-KNR.jpg

if you live in L.A , New York, Houston or on Washington D.C. area ,Brace yourself , you might be lucky enough to experience the upcoming movie in fully immersive experience Oculus 3D,

The Oculus Rift experience allows participants to don high-tech headsets to feel as if they are traveling, even floating in zero gravity through the Endurance spacecraft from the film.

The Film Director Christopher Nolan donned the virtual headset himself.

1412611550000-SS1-1980Rv3.jpeg

The Experience , Well not the actually movie, atleast part of the movie, This is the first time the Virtual reality system is being staged for a movie promotion on this scale,

"I was impressed with how the experience is able to put you in the cockpit of Interstellar's spaceship, The Endurance. It was just like being back on set"

- Christopher Nolan

The Ocuolus VR team along with Christopher nolan came up with this idea of promoting the movie & expanding the possibilities for the virtual reality system, The project required a team of 15-20 people over the span of two months to painstakingly re-create the world and "the exact ship" from the movie.the experience is that you get to travel within the confinement of the ships interior & also a ZeroG experience out into space & through the wormhole,

interstellar-movie-poster-3.jpg

The virtual Oculus Rift world was revealed on Monday in NYC and will travel throughout the country ahead of the film's opening Nov. 7.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/10/06/interstellar-oculus-rift/16806167/

Post your comments & your thoughts down below...

Details separate people.

OH dude this movie. I WANNA HAVE SEX WITH IT.

It looks so great. this Nolan knows is shit, really!

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

i really want to know what they are seeing

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

So now I have to watch the movie multiple times or keep on turning my head to see everything. Thanks. I'm just wondering what headphones they are using in the picture.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

So now I have to watch the movie multiple times or keep on turning my head to see everything. Thanks. I'm just wondering what headphones they are using in the picture.

Do you have to relive moments in your life to see everything?

The point of the oculus isn't to see absolutely everything in your surroundings, it's to immerse yourself in the experience, like real life. 

It is impossible for a human to fully internalize everything around them. We focus on key information, that's what the oculus is about. 

I wouldn't like it in movies simply because it is the job of the director to focus our attention on certain things, that's what brings meaning to movies. A movie wouldn't be the same if it was interactive and explorable. 

OH dude this movie. I WANNA HAVE SEX WITH IT.

It looks so great. this Nolan knows is shit, really!

nolan has been on a roll of great movies, he was involved whit the recent batman trilogy, the superman movie and also inception, imo best director/producer in hollywood atm, (for the genre he produces) jj is a close runner up

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

nolan has been on a roll of great movies, he was involved whit the recent batman trilogy, the superman movie and also inception, imo best director/producer in hollywood atm, (for the genre he produces) jj is a close runner up

Exactly, I think JJ is still quite behind. Nolan is truly magnificient.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Some people can find negativity in anything. U have that gift, sir. Enjoy it.... Oh wait, u already are. And btw this movie is not VR exclusive so nobody forces u to watch it several times.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE