Will it fit?

johniem

I wan't to replace my current midi tower with a micro one and my choice is the bitfenix phenom micro atx case.

What bother's me ofc is if my hardware will fit in.

So my hardware is :

• Asus maximus v gene
  • Thermalright Silverarrow sb-e extreme ( because of my mobo, I can only install it facing up and with one fan in the middle and one on top, both pulling air)
  • Gigabyte windforce 3 hd7950
  • Psu be-quite! power zone 1000W
  • 2 x hdd 3.5'' raid0
  • 1 x ssd

If all these can fit, I'm wondering if I can use the removable side plate to install my 3.5'' hdd drives so I can use two 120mm, or one 140mm , fans exhausting at the bottom, considering ofc that I have to install my cpu cooler like I said before. 

If I may criticise, the power supply is superfluous

Compatible with Windows 95

Well I know that but I spend just 120$ for it when I was searching for a new one. It's size is really small for its power though.

Well I know that but I spend just 120$ for it when I was searching for a new one. It's size is really small for its power though.

I think it may underperform because it is ridiculsy high to your needs

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Let's put aside my psu overkill for a moment, can we? :) . It was brand new and really cheap, couldn't resist the buy.

Let's put aside my psu overkill for a moment, can we? :) . It was brand new and really cheap, couldn't resist the buy.

Do you mean micro atx or mini atx ? the mobo is for mini not micro

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

At least it'll still be powerfull enough when you decide to go for 3-way GTX980 SLI ^^

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

At least it'll still be powerfull enough when you decide to go for 3-way GTX980 SLI ^^

Case too small do even 2  way sli it can fit max a single gpu

PSU too huge to fit to any mATX it is only for mid tower or full tower since its length is 35 cm not to mention the tower you choosed is bad and the Sli that mobo offers is not possible with that tower Corsair obsidian 350 D or Aerocool DS cube would be much better choises but your psu is almost triple the recomended size of those towers but GPU and Cooler and storage would have no problem i think

Case too small do even 2  way sli it can fit max a single gpu

For any future upgrade to Mobo CPU and case, with this setup I know it wouldn't fit, and even 2 way SLI is a bad idea in this case, not enough airflow.

For any future upgrade to Mobo CPU and case, with this setup I know it wouldn't fit, and even 2 way SLI is a bad idea in this case, not enough airflow.

Yeah i agree case is bad 350 D corsair or DS cube would be much better

agreed, I myself am going to a 750D next month, am now using an HAF X since 4 years, and I grew out of this love for the plastic chunky design of it...

Corsair Obsidian cases for the win!

agreed, I myself am going to a 750D next month, am now using an HAF X since 4 years, and I grew out of this love for the plastic chunky design of it...

Corsair Obsidian cases for the win!

Yeah obsidian are robust and beatifull i personally will go with an matx DS cube as i mention above because of the good aircooling / size and flexibility that it offers . Considering it will take me around 6~8 months to gather the money to built my pc i may put a GTX 960 in there plenty of space for that along with watercooling in the further future maybe a 2x140 mm watercooler for my I5 4690k it just has so much space in there :D

That's nice, but I advise you to maybe plan a bit wider budget an got straight to a watercooler, you'll be tempted to overclock, and when you start you don't stop...

I can tell because I have done some pretty crazy shit with my (non "k") i5 3570, I got it about a year and a half ago, but got bored of it because slow CPU when I got my 2nd 680 about 2 month ago.
So I did some overclocking and I got it to run stable at 4.298GHz with a MSI z77 MPower.

Buy a better cooler right away, it's the est advice I can give you :)

That's nice, but I advise you to maybe plan a bit wider budget an got straight to a watercooler, you'll be tempted to overclock, and when you start you don't stop...

I can tell because I have done some pretty crazy shit with my (non "k") i5 3570, I got it about a year and a half ago, but got bored of it because slow CPU when I got my 2nd 680 about 2 month ago.

So I did some overclocking and I got it to run stable at 4.298GHz with a MSI z77 MPower.

Buy a better cooler right away, it's the est advice I can give you :)

I know but the budget of the whole thing is around 750+ euros and i will go with this mobo Gigabyte z97m-d3h however i thinking to maybe get a coolermaster hyper 212 EVO heard it is a good aircooler and with 4 140 mm fans i think aircooling is more affortable for now . Also can you help me deside wich of these psu should i buy ? Corsair CS vs In-win commander 3

Thanks a lot guys for the answers.

So i guess it will not fit in the phenom.

Considering my psu from be quite!'s website

Dimensions without cable (L x W x D), (mm): 86 x 150 x 175

The corsair cs 750W is almost the same, so it's not that big.

I guess I will go with the Aerocool ds cube cause it's smaller than the 350D.

Thanks a lot guys for the answers.

So i guess it will not fit in the phenom.

Considering my psu from be quite!'s website

Dimensions without cable (L x W x D), (mm): 86 x 150 x 175

The corsair cs 750W is almost the same, so it's not that big.

I guess I will go with the Aerocool ds cube cause it's smaller than the 350D.

Look PSU wont fit it is 17.5 cm long and cube is best suited for 16 if you want to try it be my guest

Look PSU wont fit

Am i missing something?

From tomshardware review for ds cube 

PSU Up to 17.0 cm (Up to 19.0 cm Including Protruding Cables).

Mine is 17.5 cm. The cables might get a bit squeezed but I believe it will be ok, won't be?

Am i missing something?

From tomshardware review for ds cube 

PSU Up to 17.0 cm (Up to 19.0 cm Including Protruding Cables).

Mine is 17.5 cm. The cables might get a bit squeezed but I believe it will be ok, won't be?

It may fit since it is fully modular but it will be very tight i believe

In the review of tomshardware, they used a coolerMaster v700 which is 17cm long. In the pictures I can see that with cables on it there is still space available, so I guess it will be fine.

In the review of tomshardware, they used a coolerMaster v700 which is 17cm long. In the pictures I can see that with cables on it there is still space available, so I guess it will be fine.

Wish you luck DS cube is an awesome case with huge flexibility and i think you may enjoy it :D