Budget HTPC/Gaming build

Zot

It would be great if anyone could give me some feedback on this build before I purchase the parts. I will be using predominantly for gaming on a 1080p tv and as a HTPC and want to keep a small form factor. I am trying to get the best value for money and keep it around the same price.

Thanks

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($79.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($125.00 @ CPL Online) 
Memory: Kingston 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($48.00 @ CPL Online) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($65.00 @ CPL Online) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($194.00 @ CPL Online) 
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($52.00 @ CPL Online) 
Total: $620.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-02 14:13 EST+1000

I would really recommend buying 8gb of ram, many latest games use more than 4...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

Get 8gb or RAM: Most games now use 8gb of RAM, and for multitasking it's better.

R9 270x: It's about the same price, and outperforms the 270.

Western Digital HDD: They tend to be more reliable than seagate HDDs in the long run.

Yeah thanks I am planing to upgrade to 8gb later when I have a little more cash. Thats why I am getting 1 x 4gb.

Do you think the 270x I will get much more performance for the money over the 270? In Australia the 270x is about $30 more.

Yeah thanks I am planing to upgrade to 8gb later when I have a little more cash. Thats why I am getting 1 x 4gb.

Don't mix RAM. You don't know if they are compatible. When they are in kits, it's guaranteed to work. As for the 270 vs 270x, if you can afford it then yes.