5960X@4,4 with dual 980 case choice

kodox

SO, I'm building a 5960X planned to go at 4.0+ GHz, 8 sticks of 3GHz RAM and dual 780Ti and later 980 SLI. So far I'm pretty uncertain if I'll go with Asus X99 Deluxe or Asus Rampage V Extreme. Price is of little concern due to outside financing. I did decide for Corsair AX1500i tho.

What mostly bothers me is the choice of case. I'd rather go with a smaller one for practical purposes of looking better and getting less dust, but not sure if my Corsair H110 would fit cases I'd like to use.

So far: Corsair 900D as ultimate solution to fit everything and not get stuck with limited airflow for radiator, NZXT H440 and FD R4 for mid-tower (preferable) or Corsair Graphite 780T and FD XL R2 for a slightly larger.

I'd love to use NZXT H440, but I fear Rampage V (EATX) and H110 will not fit. Even if they fit I'm not sure if airflow would be sufficient to feed my H110. I'm not sure about that even if I got with X99 Deluxe board (ATX) and H105 240mm radiator that both fit. Same applies for FD R4.

In case I really can benefit from better cooling for my machine, I'd have to go XL R2 or 900D in the end... Not sure. :(

If you have any suggestions, please help.

Roman

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

might add the phanteks line up of the enthoo pro, luxe and primo.

all three can house your E-ATX and h105/110 just fine with no compromise

in airflow, aesthetics and pricing.

Thanks for a warm welcome!

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

might add the phanteks line up of the enthoo pro, luxe and primo.

all three can house your E-ATX and h105/110 just fine with no compromise

in airflow, aesthetics and pricing.

Unfortunately, no distributor over here. We're lucky to be able to get Fractal or NZXT, and that only through foreign Amazon which is pretty much limited to several options.

I'm curious, Why 780 Ti's then 980s? Couldn't you wait it out a while for the 980s to come out?

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0