[US]Samsung Curved 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz Smart LED TV $400 Off!

DeBuffGamer

God i hate you americans sometimes.... 

This thing woud be like $5k here :(

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Useless without 4K content.

Also, amazon "deals" are not necessarily deals. That's the price every retailer sells them.

Spoiler

Im not clicking that. Or I might just impulse buy it.

It's still $1700....Didn't Vizio just release an excellent quality 50" 4k tv for $1k?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It's still $1700....Didn't Vizio just release an excellent quality 50" 4k tv for $1k?

What are the cons of using a 4k 120hz 55 inch t.v as a gaming monitor?

Its not true 120hz (I'm assuming) Tvs usually using an interpolated 120hz. TVs also don't like as good as monitors (most of the time). And ports/connectors might leave you with compatibility issues (again, haven't looked at the specs of the tv). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Well for one, 120 hz tv have a 60hz input and they interpolate frames to make it look more fluid. Also, the pixels are possibly not all refreshed each frame. Also, for the same price, you'd get 3 pretty nice 4K MONITORS. TVs generally have slower response time than monitors. And so on.

Spoiler

Well for one, 120 hz tv have a 60hz input and they interpolate frames to make it look more fluid. Also, the pixels are possibly not all refreshed each frame. Also, for the same price, you'd get 3 pretty nice 4K MONITORS. TVs generally have slower response time than monitors. And so on.

Its not true 120hz (I'm assuming) Tvs usually using an interpolated 120hz. TVs also don't like as good as monitors (most of the time). And ports/connectors might leave you with compatibility issues (again, haven't looked at the specs of the tv). 

Ye thanks, but even If I had that type of money building a pc that can actually run 3 4k displays? Yeah right. :P

Ye thanks, but even If I had that type of money building a pc that can actually run 3 4k displays? Yeah right. :P

The point was that going 4K is a monitor thing, not a tv thing. I know 3 4K displays is impossible to run (except for productivity, which would be nice and easy). However, going with 1 4K monitor and investing the TV difference in beefing up your GPUs is the smart option.

Spoiler

TAKE MY MONEY

NOW JUST BRING OUT THE AMOLED TVS!

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

The point was that going 4K is a monitor thing, not a tv thing. I know 3 4K displays is impossible to run (except for productivity, which would be nice and easy). However, going with 1 4K monitor and investing the TV difference in beefing up your GPUs is the smart option.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH2cvCKD8FZOsBbUzm3qSSA/videos

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Useless without 4K content.

Also, amazon "deals" are not necessarily deals. That's the price every retailer sells them.

There is 4K content (Youtube, Netflix, Sony to name a few) and it's not just about video

you can use a 4K TV to view your digital photos at their full resolution and most Blu-ray players support upscaling.

There are also cell phones(IE, Galaxy S5) and Camcorders that shoot 4K,  The GoPro Hero4 shoots 4K at 30fps.

If you're hooking it up to your computer and it has sufficient power, there are no cons as far as I can see. Just don't sit too close to it!

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

If you're hooking it up to your computer and it has sufficient power, there are no cons as far as I can see. Just don't sit too close to it!

Actually one of the benefits of 4K monitors and TVs is you can sit much closer and not see individual pixels.

A 60" 4K TV is sharp enough to sit within 4 feet without problems.

Actually one of the benefits of 4K monitors and TVs is you can sit much closer and not see individual pixels.

Well, of course, but I didn't really clarify what I really meant. I was going to say "just don't use it as a desk monitor in the way you'd use a common desktop monitor", but I didn't because I didn't feel it to be appropriate so I just said that instead. Dumb move on my behalf.

Shit. We spent 2K on our non-curved 1080p Sony R series TV. (65")

But, Sony wins with the best looking.

sony-x9-wedge-tv_main-02.jpg

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Well, of course, but I didn't really clarify what I really meant. I was going to say "just don't use it as a desk monitor in the way you'd use a common desktop monitor", but I didn't because I didn't feel it to be appropriate so I just said that instead. Dumb move on my behalf.

There's no problem, so long as it's futher back then the usual 2.5'-3' for a 24"-30" monitor.

I use a 4K 50" TV as a monitor all the time on a shared system for watching 4K Youtube videos and editing photos it's freaking awesome.

it's annoying have to switch back to my 24", it's like using a tablet as a screen after a few hours in front of the 4K.

There's no problem, so long as it's futher back then the usual 2.5'-3' for a 24"-30" monitor.

I use a 4K 50" TV as a monitor all the time on a shared system for watching 4K Youtube videos and editing photos it's freaking awesome.

it's annoying have to switch back to my 24", it's like using a tablet as a screen after a few hours in front of the 4K.

I'm too poor to get anything 4K. Either that, or I'm just not willing to buy that stuff. Honestly, regular HD is good enough for me. 4K IPS displays really are beautiful, but I can live without them. Besides, from what I am seeing all over the place, Windows doesn't work quite well with 4K. The successor to Windows 8 (I'm still not sure what they're calling it) is supposed to be 8K ready. 8K!!

Shit. We spent 2K on our non-curved 1080p Sony R series TV. (65")

But, Sony wins with the best looking.

sony-x9-wedge-tv_main-02.jpg

What a nice design!

I remember going into a Sony store at Chinook Mall and actually looking at an 85" 4K television. Probably the best display I've ever seen. But it sure did cost a pretty penny. With the way my house is set up and built, we'd never be able to use a TV any larger than 65" in my house.

I'm too poor to get anything 4K. Either that, or I'm just not willing to buy that stuff. Honestly, regular HD is good enough for me. 4K IPS displays really are beautiful, but I can live without them. Besides, from what I am seeing all over the place, Windows doesn't work quite well with 4K. The successor to Windows 8 (I'm still not sure what they're calling it) is supposed to be 8K ready. 8K!!

I don't own one yet, just have access to one in a shared office space.

The only downside is going back to my little 24" 1200p monitor, it's like sleeping in a king size bed with soft sheets and fluffy pillows for a few days and then having to go back to sleeping in an army cot. lol.

Man! i would give one of my balls for a curved 4k :(.

Don't get mad, get even...

God i hate you americans sometimes.... 

This thing woud be like $5k here :(

you can buy here in States from Best Buy a LG 65" 4k TV which can display 4K upconverted 1080P passive 3D for $2,700.00.  It would have been my next tv if I had the money.

not bad eh!    ;)   :)