Monitor Flickering

rGhost

My monitor is a BenQ GL2460 (24 inch, 1920x1080) and in games it has a stupid flickering, you know, like the old CRTs. In FIFA 14 I haven't experienced it but in Far Cry 2 and GTA IV is visible especially in dark places. What should I do ? Does my monitor have a probem ?

if its only happening in certain games and not all the games, it might be a driver problem. if it happens in desktop, browser, all places the monitor display then it is the monitor

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

No, it doesn't happen everywhere, only in certain games. Now I've put my monitor on gaming mode and the flickering is less visible but still there is some.

No, it doesn't happen everywhere, only in certain games. Now I've put my monitor on gaming mode and the flickering is less visible but still there is some.

well try some beta drivers for your graphics card or try downgrading the driver.

EDIT: Might be screen tearing, where the graphics card is rendering frames faster than they can be displayed. some games do better maybe thats why in your pc some games are flickering. enable VSync in the games

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Just played some Battlefield 3, it looks amazing, no flickering. Seems like older games have probems.

EDIT : My monitor is connected through a VGA - DVI adaptor to the GPU, do you think that may be the problem ?

The problem is that I only have these problems when I'm playing games. I tried to use a beta driver but the result is no different. Also, I've shot some videos using fraps and the flickering are not visible on the videos so... is the problem from my GPU ? If so, what should I do ?

My monitor is a BenQ GL2460 (24 inch, 1920x1080) and in games it has a stupid flickering, you know, like the old CRTs. In FIFA 14 I haven't experienced it but in Far Cry 2 and GTA IV is visible especially in dark places. What should I do ? Does my monitor have a probem ?

Did you enable V-sync? V-sync was literally made to prevent what is happening to you. Hope this helps! c:

Well, GTA IV doesn't even have this option but I've tried it in Far Cry 2 and Fifa 14 and nothing changed.

Vsync off = If you can game on and have more FPS than your monitors refresh rate (HZ) that can show tearing and dodgy image syncing (sending too many frames at a time above 60fps @ 60hz)

Vsync off - Limits games to never go above the refresh rate of your panel, so your locked to 60fps for 60hz, and eliminates tearing at some input lag (tiny tiny tiny movement delays that are 'barely' noticeable.)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just tried Vsync now with the beta driver from AMD and it works but that only on games that have this feature. I tried it in Fifa 14, Far Cry 2 and Bioshock and everything looks and works fine but what I do with games like GTA IV that don't have Vsync .