PS VITA still worth it?

RBZ157

So I'm looking at getting a PS vita in November and its £100 for the 8GB WiFi version brand new. Should I buy one or just save the money?

EDIT: Im really wondering about long term support since I've owned an original PSP for years and would like to keep the VITA for a while do you think Sony will just give up on it or carry on producing games? 

Just an average guy with a dream that one day he will own a custom watercooling loop.

if it has enough games you want(that you cant get on PC)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

If you feel like playing games in the bus/on school on a handheld device which is overall pretty cool, even for listening to music, sure, get one. 

Edit: Oh my 1000st post :D

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

if it has enough games you want

It has borderlands 2 and stuff but I'm really wondering about long term support.

Just an average guy with a dream that one day he will own a custom watercooling loop.

i basically want it for persona 4 golden

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

imho a phone would be better for gaming.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I have a phone and I hate touchscreens for gaming I prefer physical controls.

It depends on what you want to play.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Exactly

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

It depends on what you want to play.

fair enough. ps vita is a good buy then. :)

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I'd recommend it. Sure, we haven't had many announcements as of late. But what you do get is pretty good, and having portable versions of games that would otherwise be tied to home boxes is something nice to have, especially if you travel a lot or spend most of your day away from your PC or console.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Remember when Sony did this with the PSPGo? A month or so later they killed the PSPGo. The Vita will suffer the same fate. So please don't bother.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

i basically want it for persona 4 golden

Had a vita just to play this. My pic is the main character btw.

I think so... Especially if you want the JRPGs that come on the platform...

Also you might also want to look at this if you want a bigger screen...

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationtv

@Dude, not really. Sony's making money off of software royalties and dev relationships. If anything, it will go the way of the PSP in its layer years. Sony is pretty comfortable with where the Vita is at now. PS4 is the reason for that.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.