Will devils canyon work with my motherboard?

I have the asus z87 a mother board will the new devils canyon work with my mother board or no?

Yes it will but you need to update the bios.

Normally yo would need a haswell chip but yo can use usb bios flashback

just follow the instructions in your manual or use the guides on youtube

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Wendell has good video on how to update the bios without the cpu in the socket.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

not many ASUS board can do that, only the higher end boards.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Wanna give me a link plz

Wanna give me a link plz

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

You will NEED a Haswell cpu to do the upgrade tho. The bios must be flashed in windows using a utility Asus provides.

Yes it will but you need to update the bios.

Normally yo would need a haswell chip but yo can use usb bios flashback

just follow the instructions in your manual or use the guides on youtube

did they change this by chance? When I did my upgrade it forced me to use my haswell chip. Flashback didn't work.

did they change this by chance? When I did my upgrade it forced me to use my haswell chip. Flashback didn't work.

did you have power connected to the board

EDIT: there are like a million steps to get it to work so you might have missed out on a step accidentally

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

I also have made this mistake. Got a G3258 but can't update my asus h81i without an older cpu. Unless there's some method I'm unaware of. if you find a solution I'd love to know.

did you have power connected to the board

EDIT: there are like a million steps to get it to work so you might have missed out on a step accidentally

No what I'm saying is that I flashed my bios using the UEFI and a USB drive (not flashback). The results are the same. But when I installed my 4790k after that it didn't work (00 post code). After some digging I found that I needed to put the haswell chip back in, and flash the bios using the bios flasher that Asus provides under bios utilities. After doing that I went Bach to the 4790k. Then it worked. From what I read the bios updater had to run in windows to make this work.