Chromebook or Surface RT?

Mophead

I'm looking for a new system for College, literally to take notes on, something that's going to be lightweight and can easily fit into my bag. I'm torn between two products right now, the Acer C720 and the Microsoft Surface RT. Both of which are in budget (£200) and both of which will do the job. But I haven't got a clue what I should go for. Any suggestions?

R.E.V.O.

Realise       Every       Victory      Outright

Get the Acer. The RT doesn't come with a keyboard.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I should mention that the Surface I'm looking at comes with a keyboard, the touch type one.

R.E.V.O.

I wouldn't buy a chromebook because it's useless without internet.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I wouldn't buy a chromebook because it's useless without internet.

I'll always have Internet access anyway, it's literally for College, so I can jump on the WiFi when I'm there.

R.E.V.O.

Surface because my school has chrome book and there so annoying [imo] because you have to sign in using Google account and you store every thing in the cloud so when there is no WiFi they are almost  useless  :rolleyes:

I have an Acer Chromebook, and it's a very weird device, it sucks when I want to go somewhere and have any functionality, but it is really nice when I do have internet.

I've used it at school and I like the portability/ form factor, it fits right in my backpack.

The surface on the other hand will be much better if you need to run any dedicated apps, so I would say it'd be better for you.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

I should mention that the Surface I'm looking at comes with a keyboard, the touch type one.

Don't get the touch keyboard for the Surface, it is not very good to type on... there is no feedback when you press the buttons...

There comes more and more apps for Chromebooks that run ofline, so as time goes on it will get more offline functionality... 

| Corsair Carbide 400Q | Intel Core i5 6600K | ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB |

| EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0 SLI | Noctua NH-L9i | Corsair RM650X | HyperX Fury 240 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB |

Steam: zonetrooper90 | PSN: zonetrooper90 | NNID: zonetrooper90 |