Workstation Graphics

Go to solution Solved by Deletive,

Does anyone know when the W7100 is going to be released?

WIll probably be in stores tuesday with consumer tonga gpu's.

Best graphics card under $1,000 for rendering high res architectural  3ds max drawings? Going on a Asus Z77 WS with a 3770K. 

Best graphics card under $1,000 for rendering high res architectural  3ds max drawings? Going on a Asus Z77 WS with a 3770K. 

You could get a pair of 780s in sli or just straight up titan black.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

You could get a pair of 780s in sli or just straight up titan black.

780s and Titans don't have certified drivers. I have read nothing but horrible reviews from people running those setups. I currently have a 280X at home and a w7000 at work and can tell a pretty big difference. I am curious how the Quadro performs in comparison to the W7000. 

You don't need to make two posts on the same topic.

I did because someone corrected me on where this should have been posted. Sorry for confusing you. Do you have a valid opinion you would like to add or just policing the forum? 

Based on the benchmarks I found the Quadro K4000 is about equivalent with the FirePro W7000 and costs about $900. I don't know too much about workstation cards so take all of this with a grain of salt.

PS: Or if you like that W7000 you have at work then just grab another one of those.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

I did because someone corrected me on where this should have been posted. Sorry for confusing you. Do you have a valid opinion you would like to add or just policing the forum? 

Sorry, I didn't notice the different section

As for a workstation card a GTX Titan would be a great choice, I had two for the same reason and they worked awesomely. If you don't want an Nvidia card get a AMD w8000 I think it is. If not the nvidia quadro k4000 would also be a great choice.

There is no reason to get a Titan here.  3DS max does not use double precision for whatever reason, making the Titan no different from other GeForce cards in this case.  Even without that, the high-stability optimized drivers will give a Quadro card a pretty hefty performance advantage over its equivalent GeForce counterpart, and depending on how serious and how frequent your work is, the ECC VRAM on Quadro cards might also be good to have.

Since you already use a w7000, see if you can get a w7100 (tonga verision) or a k4000. the K4000 is a little better than the w7000 or pretty much neck and neck.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Since you already use a w7000, see if you can get a w7100 (tonga verision) or a k4000. the K4000 is a little better than the w7000 or pretty much neck and neck.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Thanks. Happen to know the msrp?

Thanks. Happen to know the msrp?

It's a refresh of W7000 so should be around 900$ hopefully.

Computing enthusiast.