Gelid Icy Vision Rev.2 modified to fit ATI 6870

threee6

so the original cooler was driving me nuts as it sounded like a jet but i could not find a decent/well priced aftermarket cooler so i figured "i'll buy one and make it fit" 

stock card sat next to new cooler.

1-2.jpg

new cooler with all its fitments (looks promising) 

2-1.jpg

took the top off my GPU

3-2.jpg

fitted the correct plates and then this happened.........

4-1.jpg

quick trip to a friends to borrow a hack saw for some trimming and exhaust seelant to seal the holes left over and....

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

so at this point i realise the "silently cooled by Gelid" sticker was straight up LYING, it sounded like a jet engine, so quick rummage for parts and bam.....

P100513_1734_01-2.jpg[/u)RL]

here it is in my system (excuse the cable managment i was borrowing a PSU from a friend)

P170513_1531_01-1.jpg

:/ d.i.d :wacko:  y.o.u c.u.t. o.f.f. t.h.e. h.e.a.t.p.i.p.e.s :o .  :wacko:  :unsure:  :blink: ... is it cooling well? cuz if it is then u may have done it right. as far as i know heat pipes contain a pressurized liquid that evaporates upon heating.

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Yeah... The heatpipes need to be sealed properly in order to work correctly.. Vacuum sealed.. But good mod none-the-less. How are temperatures?

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz

GPU: MSI GTX 670 PE @ 1411/7387

I wanna go fast! :P

Nothing like a bit of DIY. Good to see

Though your cable management is a different story  :rolleyes:

:/ d.i.d :wacko:  y.o.u c.u.t. o.f.f. t.h.e. h.e.a.t.p.i.p.e.s :o .  :wacko:  :unsure:  :blink: ... is it cooling well? cuz if it is then u may have done it right. as far as i know heat pipes contain a pressurized liquid that evaporates upon heating.

i didn't have much of a choice as you can see lol there was nothing in them that i could see anyway and i re-sealed the ends. It works fine :)

Yeah... The heatpipes need to be sealed properly in order to work correctly.. Vacuum sealed.. But good mod none-the-less. How are temperatures?

the temps are about the same as the stock heatsink but the point was to get it to STFU more than anything and it's really quiet now so i'm happy.

Nothing like a bit of DIY. Good to see

Though your cable management is a different story  :rolleyes:

like i said, the PSU was a loaner from a friend so there was really no point in doing any management :)

That is all right then, I am a bit OCD when it comes to cable management ;)

That is all right then, I am a bit OCD when it comes to cable management ;)

well this case is shocking for it, they really don't want you do management on this case, they even put a lip so you can't go behind the mobo tray :( hopefully my new PSU will arrive today and i can atleast attempt to tidy it up :)

What case is it? Will have a look at some pics and give you some pro-tips 

looks awesome i hate loud fans so good idea! :D

FX 8350 Black Edition 4.2Ghz

Palit GTX 580 1.5gb

H80i ,TX850, Corsair 300R

What case is it? Will have a look at some pics and give you some pro-tips 

it's a cooler master elite 430, cant blame them for scrimping on the cable managment it cost £38 including shipping :)

looks awesome i hate loud fans so good idea! :D

yeh the XFX carts are so loud it's unreal and they make you pay more for a twin fan model  :angry: ...... P.S. Small world i'm in Newquay lol