My First Mechanical Keyboard

samygiy

So I'm currently typing on a membrane keyboard that came with my computer and I was wondering whether I should buy a mechanical keyboard, I've done a bit of looking around and I think the brown switches would be best for me. Any help would be appreciated. (full size please) (and it has to ship to the uk)

“Look at you soaring through the air majestically... like an eagle. Piloting a blimp.” - GLaDOS

Depends on your budget but I would recommend the CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate w/ Red LED backlighting.

http://www.cmstore.eu/cm-storm/peripherals/quick-fire-ultimate-cherry-mx-brown-switch/

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

A couple suggestion I would like to give you.

check out the K70, full keyboard and comes with red, blue, or brown switches.

You could also consider the Logitech G710+, brown stiches and all the keys you need, and more.

EDIT: Both of these keyboards are backlit, I used to own a OEM keyboard before my first mechanical as well and wanted a full keyboard, the only ones that seemed to be worth considering were those 2. I eventually went with the G710+.

They both cost ~150€ or ~130£.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Ducky Shine 3.  It will last you a very long time and there are tons of configurations.

I love my Das Keyboard, highly recommended for a full width keyboard.

NPBemjR.jpg

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I think that the das keyboards are to expensive for me and so is the g710+. Currently I'm deciding between the ducky shine 3, k70 and the CM quick fire tk stealth, any other suggestions are welcome.

“Look at you soaring through the air majestically... like an eagle. Piloting a blimp.” - GLaDOS

Tk Stealth is REALLY cheap right now on Massdrop. $65 only for another 6 days tho.

So I've decided on buying the ducky shine 3 but I'm wondering where I can buy it for a good price.

So I've decided on buying the ducky shine 3 but I'm wondering where I can buy it for a good price.

NCIX or MechanicalKeyboards

I'm in the UK

I Got the Rosewill RK-9000. 

It is not flashy at all, but it works great. It brought me into the world of mechanical keyboards with blue switches. :)

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I've been looking around, what is the difference between the ducky shine 3 and the ducky shine 0?