Need a 24" Monitor

mattmejia

I will be using my old build for my parents so they can have a decent build and can finally get off of shitty pre-builts and one thing that is getting in my way is getting them a monitor. They'll be paying for the monitor and they don't want to spend a lot. I have a BenQ 2450HT and every time she needs to go on my computer I think she likes the size.

I'm not sure if it should be TN or IPS so you can suggest me both

Dell U2412M - affordable IPS

Mothership - 3770k @ 4.5 - 980ti SLI - Z77UD5

Protégé - FX8350 @ 4.8 - Fury X - CHVFZ

Assuming you are looking for a 16:10 display I'd recommend the Benq bl2411pt.

It's priced similarly to the dell u2412m n0x1ous suggested above and benefits from being a newer product in that the back light isn't controlled via pwm. (Also the ah-ips panel may provide slightly better contrast levels over the old e-ips, but don't expect to be wowed)

The dell does have the advantage of having a usb hub (if that's your cup of tea) and a price tag currently $20 lower than the listings I could find for the benq, but personally I feel that overall the benq is worth the extra 20 dollars simply for its zero flicker feature.

Dell U2412M - affordable IPS

Assuming you are looking for a 16:10 display I'd recommend the Benq bl2411pt.

It's priced similarly to the dell u2412m n0x1ous suggested above and benefits from being a newer product in that the back light isn't controlled via pwm. (Also the ah-ips panel may provide slightly better contrast levels over the old e-ips, but don't expect to be wowed)

The dell does have the advantage of having a usb hub (if that's your cup of tea) and a price tag currently $20 lower than the listings I could find for the benq, but personally I feel that overall the benq is worth the extra 20 dollars simply for its zero flicker feature.

Both items are out of my parents price range. I think I'll just go with the 23.5 inch Asus display from amazon for about 150

In that price range you can always grab an lg ips panel while getting identical image quality to the u2412m and bl2411pt as 16:10 displays are relatively expensive these days.

Just be sure to find one with the inputs you need as it can sometimes be a mixed bag with lg's own "affordable ips." :)

http://www.ncix.com/category/lcd-monitors-ah-ips-10-1003-1647.htm

So the monitor is for your parents. Assuming that they don't game, wouldn't a cheap monitor that is like bestseller on Amazon do the job?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I will be using my old build for my parents so they can have a decent build and can finally get off of shitty pre-builts and one thing that is getting in my way is getting them a monitor. They'll be paying for the monitor and they don't want to spend a lot. I have a BenQ 2450HT and every time she needs to go on my computer I think she likes the size.

I'm not sure if it should be TN or IPS so you can suggest me both

Maybe something like this —> http://www.lg.com/ae/monitors/lg-23MP75HM?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

So the monitor is for your parents. Assuming that they don't game, wouldn't a cheap monitor that is like bestseller on Amazon do the job?

Yes I was wondering if I should get the Asus TN panel 23.5 inches but wanted to know if there was something like that price for a IPS panel but I guess not

Yes I was wondering if I should get the Asus TN panel 23.5 inches but wanted to know if there was something like that price for a IPS panel but I guess not

Dell P2414H ($200)

Asus VS239H-P ($160) 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.