ASUS teases smartwatch for September 3rd event

Dietrichw

Source

asus.jpg

If we're honest, it's reasonable to assume that ASUS will announce a smartwatch on September 3rd. After all, if the rumors saying that the company's working on an Android Wear device aren't enough, then the pretty obvious teaser image should be. According to those pesky rumor-mongers, the unit will be priced between $99 and $149, making it the cheapest Google-approved wearable on the market. We've also heard, thanks to our own sources on the grapevine, that despite the lower price, the watch will use similar hardware to both the Gear Live and G Watch. The only concession apparently being in the battery life department, which will linger somewhere between the 300mAh on the Gear Live and the 400mAh found on the G Watch. Still, whatever the truth, there's only a fortnight to go before we'll find out for ourselves.

Hmmm interesting 

So far from the teaser image I must say, ASUS has done a good job on design. Dunno if I would choose it over the Pebble Steel (I'm simple, I look at the time more often than anything else), but for the price it's a really good contender.

I bet this looks like a piece of plastic tat :(

I hope not though!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So far from the teaser image I must say, ASUS has done a good job on design. Dunno if I would choose it over the Pebble Steel (I'm simple, I look at the time more often than anything else), but for the price it's a really good contender.

Looks like the Mac Pro to me...

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I bet this looks like a piece of plastic tat :(

I hope not though!

Nah i'm guessing by the teaser image that it's at least an aluminium frame.

Nah i'm guessing by the teaser image that it's at least an aluminium frame.

Well they have said they want it to be cheaper than the current smartwatches which are only $200 as it is!

http://liliputing.com/2014/08/outline-first-asus-smartwatch.html

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Looks like the Mac Pro to me...

I can't see how. Maybe because it's rounded but... nope. Don't see it.

I need a new watch after mine broke a while ago.  Hopefully the screen on it is comparable to the Samsung Gear line.

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | CPU: i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz | RAM: Corsair DDR4 16GB @ 3000MHz | Case: Fractal Define S Mid ATX | Cooler: H100iV2
Mobo: Aorus z270 Gaming 7 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma @ 400 DPI | Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+
Keyboard: CM Storm (Cherry MX Green) | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50x | Monitor: 27" ASUS 1440p @ 59Hz