AMD graphics mistake please help

Bazza888

ok so i was in catalyst control center looking at the settings to change clock speed etc on my

XFX R9 290X

I boosted the clock speed to 2000Mhz then instead of hitting cancel i accidentally hit apply. the screen went black. and now every time i load up windows it gets t the welcome loading screen then goes black again..

please help

Flash bios, starting in safe mode and uninstall gpu in device manager and then reboot? 

i have tried that, but then once in safe mode it doesn't let me open catalyst control center again.

comes up with the error.

no amd graphics driver is installed. or the amd driver is not functioning properly. please install the amd driver appropriate for your amd hardware.

then another error comes up

AMD catalyst control center cannot be started. there are currently no settings that can be configured using amd catalyst control center

What? Your GPU can't handle a measly +200% clock speed?

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

What? Your GPU can't handle a measly +200% clock speed?

it would appear not .... not even water cooled and no extra voltage .. what is this..

it would appear not .... not even water cooled and no extra voltage .. what is this..

But seriously use your Igpu to underclock and download drivers.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

200% of 1000MHz is 2000MHz. +200% of 1000MHz is 3000MHz. +100% of 1000MHz is 2000MHz.

he added 2000mhz to a 1000mhz (ish) gpu so yea?

He set the clock to 2000MHz not +2000MHz.

oh oops didn't read carefully. Been up for 19 hours. so +100%

haha yea i set it to 2000 not +

:P i cant seem to find igpu in my bios =/

and i should still be able to access my CCC settings to declock it ?

ok now that im plugged into my motherboards rear io my monitors are getting no signal tried dvi and hdmi... nothing

Oh gosh OP.  I feel bad for you here.  Did you just try resetting the BIOS?  Forget flashing it and all that.  Just reset it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

using a ROG maximus hero VII

z97 board..

i cant find it anywhere in the bios

ok there was the weirdness.... VII z97 series they are apparently calling it the cpu graphics..

worked got it all the way loaded opened up catalyst control center... low and behold the option i used to modify the settings is gone from the menu... tried a restore defaults on the control center... but nope... still black screen wen i go back to gpu

Big thank you to 'Name Taken' saved me tears ... owe you big time

and no im sorry it didnt work... even after i went and deleted ccc and re installed a completely new downloaded version.... its still having the same problem

Go safe mode and UNINSTALL from there, then reboot into normal mode and install

whats difference does it make uninstalling from safe mode and normal mode?

I Thought you couldn't enter normal mode with your GPU

no i couldnt so i loaded my graphics through my motherboard and uninstalled it from there

Previously you could install the Catalyst display driver without installing the Catalyst Control Center by selecting "custom" during install.

i think that may have to be my last resort just not having CCC and resorting to just the driver

Check %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\ATI to delete the CCC profile.

I just did the install without CCC. and it is working fine now... ill just over clock with MSI afterburner or something to that affect... thank you so much

Shouldn't the 290x have a dual bios switch? That way you could switch to a clean bios with stock settings and boot that way

Main Rig: Cpu: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: NH_d15 GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Windforce III MOBO: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: HyperX Fury 1600 8gb white SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: NZXT H630 white

PC peripherals: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T27B550 Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Logitech G700s Headphones: Logitech G430