2nd montitor? derp

FireofDestruction

so i currently have one monitor working...and with 2 r9 290s i dunno whats happening so here's what i've tried....thinking oh great i have to RMA something well i

have 1 hdmi running from both monitors(one for each monitor) into either of my two r9 290's and only one screen will turn on but earlier i switched the two hdmi

cables(on the graphic cards side) and then it switched my screen to the other monitor so both monitors are working as well as graphic cards but why wont both monitors turn on??...(never has used dual monitors before....i bet this is something simple too...)

i literally didnt understand anything you said

You plug HDMI Cables in to FIRST card (the on the top) or the integrated graphics you cant have output from second card when you enable crossfire.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

you have to right click desktop go resolution then click 2nd monitor and tell it to extend display

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

I don't understand what you are saying, take a picture of the back of your case.

You plug HDMI Cables in to FIRST card (the on the top) or the integrated graphics you cant have output from second card when you enable crossfire.

ok ....even when i read it it sounded confusing basically windows is registeirng only one monitor the other monitor checks for sources it kinda stops on hdmi and then says no sources found

but i know for sure that nothing here is...DOA because earlier today i had the other monitor working properly then when i switched the hdmi cables on the back of the case because of

curiosity it switched from the other monitor to the one im on now ..bit more clear?

you have to right click desktop go resolution then click 2nd monitor and tell it to extend display

tried it nope...it only shows the one monitor

I don't understand what you are saying, take a picture of the back of your case.

will do.

windows is registeirng only one monitor the other monitor checks for sources it kinda stops on hdmi and then says no sources found

So other other monitor isnt showing at all? even in device manager?

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

yup

gg life is over you say you are running 2 290s have you tried plugging it into the other card? and seeing if its detected i use a single card and nvidia surround so i dunno how amd works with multiple monitors i know eyefinity needs a DP to start tho

ok guys, i will eventually upload pics but atm my phone will not connect to my computer i'll use my laptop to upload those but..to be as clear as possible on my motherboard the is one 16x bus and what ever monitor is hooked into that r9 290 is the one that well registers a signal the r9 290 that is in the 8x bus will not output anything...but the fans are spinning...possible dead r9 290???

ok guys, i will eventually upload pics but atm my phone will not connect to my computer i'll use my laptop to upload those but..to be as clear as possible on my motherboard the is one 16x bus and what ever monitor is hooked into that r9 290 is the one that well registers a signal the r9 290 that is in the 8x bus will not output anything...but the fans are spinning...possible dead r9 290???

even with dvi.. nada

You plug HDMI Cables in to FIRST card (the on the top) or the integrated graphics you cant have output from second card when you enable crossfire

well i have nothing hooked into the outputs on the motherboard, i even tried to put dvi into the top card still nothing..nothing makes sense anymore at this point, i know for sure that both monitions, considering i can have one or the other work but not both...attempted to put a dvi cable into the r9 290 that sits in the 16x bus and still nothing call me crazy

So other other monitor isnt showing at all? even in device manager?

so as it turned out i needed a driver update...only on one monitor and the catylast software :) but i got it working :)))))

so as it turned out i needed a driver update...only on one monitor and the catylast software :) but i got it working :)))))

Make sure to mark this thread as solved to let other people know that you solved your problem.

Also please use oxford commas when writing long sentences, as to avoid confusion.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.