Gaming headset 200$

RyanMazer

*Lives in neighborhood were the youngest home owner is 50, lives in desert.

Open is nice in the heat, breathes nicer, though thats something that good pads can do, ie 1540 pads. 

I don't doubt it. I'll own some open phones eventually.

I actually was about to post the same thing, glad I stumbled into this. I am a metalhead gamer, so I need to satisfy my inner rock n roll while also be good at the battlefield so to speak. So, all these years I have been using gaming headsets, while they are good, I hear that the grass is much greener on the other side, the professional grade audio non-gaming headsets. 

So I was wondering, can I use non-gaming headsets for gaming? What am I losing apart from microphone which I can buy it separately? Does audiophile headsets provide 7.1 virtual sound for gaming? Finally, can any please recommend me some good professional audio level headsets within 200$? I have been eyeing this: 
  Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250 - DT880 might be a better choice for your music preference, and while you don't natively get virtually 7.1, you can add that with Razer Surround, or find that you don't really need it. 

What is the amp rating and how does it affect me?- Buy the headphone first, see if it runs, THEN look into an amp if you aren't happy with the volumes you are getting.

Finally, this is a random question I been asking around but here it is again, what exactly is the difference between Steelseries (big fan) Siberia series of headsets and their H series?

One is decently priced (V2), and the other is expensive and ass
Thank you as I don't have much knowledge in audio headsets.

Peace!

I don't doubt it. I'll own some open phones eventually.

I just like my bass response. 

I actually was about to post the same thing, glad I stumbled into this. I am a metalhead gamer, so I need to satisfy my inner rock n roll while also be good at the battlefield so to speak. So, all these years I have been using gaming headsets, while they are good, I hear that the grass is much greener on the other side, the professional grade audio non-gaming headsets. 

So I was wondering, can I use non-gaming headsets for gaming? What am I losing apart from microphone which I can buy it separately? Does audio phile headsets provide 7.1 virtual sound for gaming? Finally, can any please recommend me some good professional audio level headsets within 200$? I have been eyeing this: 
  Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250 

What is the amp rating and how does it affect me? 

Finally, this is a random question I been asking around but here it is again, what exactly is the difference between Steelseries (big fan) Siberia series of headsets and their H series?

Thank you as I don't have much knowledge in audio headsets.

Peace!

Headsets are usually overpriced for what they are.

Audio is audio.

"True surround" is a marketing ploy, just use Razer surround software or in-game headphone mode.

DT 990 is a good choice for gaming.

250 ohm impedance might mean that you need an amp to get loud enough, but it's best to try with motherboard first before spending extra.

Difference between H and Siberia, probably like $200.

I just like my bass response. 

I listen to classical, remember. No bass to be heard ever.

So I was wondering, can I use non-gaming headsets for gaming? What am I losing apart from microphone which I can buy it separately? Does audio phile headsets provide 7.1 virtual sound for gaming? Finally, can any please recommend me some good professional audio level headsets within 200$? I have been eyeing this: 
  Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250 

What is the amp rating and how does it affect me? 

I'm the guy who spends way too much on headphones and uses it very often for gaming. Virtual surround can be received from Razer Surround. An open headset is going to give you that soundstage, that feeling of openess to the sound. I like the AKG Q701 and the AudioTechnica AD700x for gaming purposes (if you're looking for that leg up audio wise in online fps games and that's what is important to you). These should both be under $200.

You get a seperate amp when your motherboard is unable to fuil the voltage/current needs of a headphone. The people here on LTT audio forum seem to like onboard a whole lot, so they'd tell you to stick to onboard whenever possible unless your motherboard is a piece of garbage.

I listen to classical, remember. No bass to be heard ever.

I heard Organs and cellos have some serious-ass bass.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

You get a seperate amp when your motherboard is unable to fuil the voltage/current needs of a headphone. The people here on LTT audio forum seem to like onboard a whole lot, so they'd tell you to stick to onboard whenever possible unless your motherboard is a piece of garbage.

We don't "like" onbarod, we like money. And onboard is all that is necessary for many many situations.

I was being facetious about the bass.

I heard Organs and cellos have some serious-ass bass.

Its a reference to a poster who demanded that classical did not have any bass and that he wanted headphones that also didn't have bass because he hated bass. 

We don't "like" onbarod, we like money. And onboard is all that is necessary for many many situations.

I was being facetious about the bass.

Holla holla. 

Its a reference to a poster who demanded that classical did not have any bass and that he wanted headphones that also didn't have bass because he hated bass. 

Bass FTL.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Thanks a lot both of you, I am gonna check those 2 headsets as well. My motherboard MSI Z87 G43 gaming has 600 ohm support so I should be good right?

Thanks a lot both of you, I am gonna check those 2 headsets as well. My motherboard MSI Z87 G43 gaming has 600 ohm support so I should be good right?

Should be. 

The beyerdynamic custom one pro w/boom mic and extra side plates is $200 on ncix right now

Edit: I didn't realize how late i was to the party, sorry :P

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

The beyerdynamic custom one pro w/boom mic and extra side plates is $200 on ncix right now

Edit: I didn't realize how late i was to the party, sorry :P

Don't be sorry, its the thought that counts.