Advice on a gaming/editing Laptop

Hello guys and girls!

I am planning to buy a laptop and i think i have found a great laptop. But since i have little to no knowledge off laptops i will ask you guys here.

The laptop will be used mainly for work in school and video editing. And it must be capable to game a bit on a decent quality.

I also would like an aluminium laptop so it will be stronger.

This is the laptop i have found:

MEDION ERAZER X7611 SLIM GAMING LAPTOP

Specs:

·         Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ Processor

·         (OEM versie):

Windows 8.1

·         Kloksnelheid: 2,4GHz

·         Geheugen: 16GB

·         Geheugentype: DDR3 1600 MHz

·         Aantal geheugenbanken: 2

·         Gebruikte geheugenbanken: 2

·         HDD: 1.000GB

·         SSD capaciteit: 128GB

·         Screen : 43,9 cm (17,3")

·         Resolutie: 1920x1080 pixels

Screen Type: non-glare display

·         LED backlight: yes

·         GPU:

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX765M met 2 GB GDDR5 videogeheugen

·         Optical discs drive:

Dual Layer CD / DVD-ReWriter (USB 2.0 extern)

·         Overige:

Mobile Intel® HM87 Express Chipset
4 * USB 3.0

·         Battery cells: 6

·         Accu capaciteit:

5400 mAh

·         Bluetooth:

Geïntegreerde Bluetooth 4.0 module

·         Connections:

Algemeen
4x USB 3.0
1x LAN (RJ45), 1x Kensington lock
Multikaartlezer

Audio*
1x Microfoon
1x Line in,

1x Side out,
1x Line out incl. SPDiF,

Video
1x HDMI out
2x mini DisplayPort

·         Included in the box:

Medion ERAZER Game Notebook MD 98543 (AZERTY)
Accu
Adapter (120 WATT)
power cable
Windows 8.1 DVD (64 bit)
Medion USB 2.0 DVD burner
Tools, Drivers en Recovery DVD
Owners manual

·         Dimentions : 418 x 288 x 23 mm (B x D x H)

·         weight: 2,68 kg

·         Garantie: 24 month waranty

€1.500 incl delivery

http://www.medion.com/be/shop/gaming-laptop-medion-erazer-x7611-slim-gaming-laptop-30016702a1.html

What are your thoughts? Do you know a better system for that price?

Let me know!

Thx

Tetrahc

It's decent, but I would recommend something with a GTX 800m series GPU as the 765m gpu is an older card. But it should game decently :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

Get the Lenovo Y50-70..It has better overall specs and its lenovo so it probably the costumer service and everything else will be better

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

For the price you can do much better. If i were to recommend one, it would be any Sager/Clevo notebook. 

Here's a decent one i would recommend, is the NP8258-S, get it stock configuration. Which comes with a 4810MQ, 880M, 16GB of RAM, 120GB MSATA SSD, 1TB HDD, and a 15.6" 1920x1080 display.  

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Get the Lenovo Y50-70..It has better overall specs and its lenovo so it probably the costumer service and everything else will be better

Lenovo's customer service is garbage. The only thing they have going for them is the build quality, and even that has been going down hill over the years. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Lenovo's customer service is garbage. The only thing they have going for them is the build quality, and even that has been going down hill over the years. 

Well for me it was good, i guess it depends on the person that answer.

Buy still the small clevo copycats cant have better service

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

Costumer support is very good at Medion so that is not a problem :)

Well for me it was good, i guess it depends on the person that answer.

Buy still the small clevo copycats cant have better service

Sager have amazing support. It's a little bit different the support you'll get from a smaller company, rather than a large company. 

Costumer support is very good at Medion so that is not a problem :)

Sager have amazing support. It's a little bit different the support you'll get from a smaller company, rather than a large company. 

Ok then..I suppose the only reason to get the Y50-70 is because it has better specs and its probably cheaper since (Sager/Medoin which one is the right one?) it has good customer support.