Corsair K70 vs Ducky Shine 3

athesean1

So i am making a new build soon and i need peripherals, i am set on my mouse but i cant decide between the ducky shine 3 tkl or the corsair k70 i want cherry red keyswitchs btw

u wot m7+1

If it was my choice.  I'd go with ducky anyday.  I think Corsair keyboard might be designed for gaming, but ducky keyboard are high quality and I've never used one personally but know people that do and they say they are the best keyboards you can buy.   They come in all different switches.  

HI SEAN

YOU SHOULD GO FOR THE MICROSOFT ONE

P.S guys he is my friend IRL and we are just kidding around

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

If it was my choice.  I'd go with ducky anyday.  I think Corsair keyboard might be designed for gaming, but ducky keyboard are high quality and I've never used one personally but know people that do and they say they are the best keyboards you can buy.   They come in all different switches.  

ok thanks thats was what i was think to go for anyways but i like the media keys on the k70

u wot m7+1

ok thanks thats was what i was think to go for anyways but i like the media keys on the k70

The Ducky has media keys you derp

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

The Ducky has media keys you derp

but i like the k70s better

u wot m7+1

post-53148-0-66757100-1406194830.jpg

but i like the k70s better

Well, personally I'm not a fan of most of the "mainstream" keyswitches that the Ducky and K70 have anyways.

Blues - Too loud/Sounds like you stepped on a hamster every time you actuate a key.

Browns - Trying to hard to be like blues, but end up just feeling awkward. Not smooth enough imo

Reds - Remind me more of typing on my old Macbook Pro, and the lack of tactile feedback makes it hard to know when the key has been actuated. I guess some people will like reds, but they just aren't for me. 

Blacks - Same thing as reds, just don't like the lack of non-tactility. 

Clears - Jackpot. Tactile feedback that isn't too loud, but is still audible. Not as heavy as greens, (personally if greens weren't as stiff, I'd use those, although I do wish I could try those out...)

The problem with clears is that there is only one keyboard (that I know of) that's 104 key and that is readily in stock, and that's the CODE keyboard from WASDKeyboards. It's a nice keyboard I guess, (I mean, I'm going to be buying one here in a few days...) but it just doesn't have the same appeal that a K70 RGB does. 

Whatever, I'll probably just spend a few hundred dollars on aluminum keycaps anyways. 

//ccap

Well, personally I'm not a fan of most of the "mainstream" keyswitches that the Ducky and K70 have anyways.

Blues - Too loud/Sounds like you stepped on a hamster every time you actuate a key.

Browns - Trying to hard to be like blues, but end up just feeling awkward. Not smooth enough imo

Reds - Remind me more of typing on my old Macbook Pro, and the lack of tactile feedback makes it hard to know when the key has been actuated. I guess some people will like reds, but they just aren't for me. 

Blacks - Same thing as reds, just don't like the lack of non-tactility. 

Clears - Jackpot. Tactile feedback that isn't too loud, but is still audible. Not as heavy as greens, (personally if greens weren't as stiff, I'd use those, although I do wish I could try those out...)

The problem with clears is that there is only one keyboard (that I know of) that's 104 key and that is readily in stock, and that's the CODE keyboard from WASDKeyboards. It's a nice keyboard I guess, (I mean, I'm going to be buying one here in a few days...) but it just doesn't have the same appeal that a K70 RGB does. 

Whatever, I'll probably just spend a few hundred dollars on aluminum keycaps anyways. 

i havent tried clears but ill give them a try if i can get my hands on them

u wot m7+1

i havent tried clears but ill give them a try if i can get my hands on them

You should get one of those sampler kits that has all of the keyswitches on it

You should get one of those sampler kits that has all of the keyswitches on it

that is a good idea

u wot m7+1

that is a good idea

why thank you fine gentlemen