Why can't you control the graphical settings on console?

Why is the argument of "people who don't know about the settings will change them and complain about the game" valid? It's their own fault if they don't know what they're doing. Could someone be sued if a person who buys a car and doesn't know about how it works changes some parts and complains about the performance? No.

I would welcome a graphical settings option in console games. The devs can simply ship the console version with its own graphics preset that is guaranteed to run "well", and then tell the players there is an option to change some settings for their liking. The only console game I've seen with one graphics setting on console was Battlefield 3. You could just turn anti aliasing on or off. To be honest you couldn't tell the difference even when you were near the screen but at least they had an option for it. The PS3 let you choose the resolution you wanted some games to run at, but only by forcing it to only select 1080p as an output resolution in its settings, making games previously played at 720p run at 1080p.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

That's what everyone says on facebook. Meanwhile, they are just as stupid as the person in question.

I don't even remember when I last visited Facebook.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

Imagine the sea of angry children "MY GAME DOESN'T WORK" after cranking the thing up and returning the game. Then the console overheats and breaks.

No need for choices in consoles, the people who buy consoles obviously don't care for choice, they want a cheap machine that's simple to operate and "always" works.

It won't overheat, it's already pushing itself to it's limits

As everybody knows, graphical settings that are user configurable are commonplace on PC, why aren't there any on consoles? If someone would want to run a game at 1080P ultra settings at 1FPS why not let them do it?

Or if someone wants to play on minimum settings at 720P at maybe 60FPS why can't you do it? Instead you have a set framerate and a set resolution at a certain graphical setting. 

WHY? 

Are console devs so lazy? Surely there is something else to it.

Games on console have a different development process.

On console everything is closely looked at even the objects in each level get placed in a way that no frame drops happen.

They play through a level look at frame spikes and remove objects/effects to eliminate those, this doesn't happen on PC.

That's the reason why on console you barely get any frame drops while on PC you can have one moment 60fps and in the other 40fps.

RTX2070OC 

I find it hard to believe that someone asked this question lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Console devs should make games run at 40 fps instead of 30. I game on a laptop and I'm perfectly fine with lowering a setting or two to go from 30 fps to 40 fps. 40 fps is so much smoother and better looking than 30 in my opinion.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Because on console the graphics are maxed out the best they can be for the system and there no way you could make them any better and no one would want them worse. The only reason pc has graphical settings is because some people have batter pc's then other so the people with the good pc's can play games on the higher settings and the people with the lower grade pc's can turn them down to lower settings so they can play to.

because if you could adjust your graphical settings to achieve a higher fps then console players would whine "BUT IT'S NOT FAIR!"

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Well I'm pretty sure that the reason is that they want the peasants to think that their games don't need settings as the peasantboxes are so powerful that they can run anything. It's like Ubisofts statement how the console port that was developed on PC runs like a dream and that It would be the best experience they can deliver. #Cause30fpsismorefilmic #792pisthehighestresolutioneyescansee #Causeagamethatlookslikea5yearoldgamehasgreatgraphics #NO!

Peasant's dont have freedom.

Quiet down children, the adults are talking. You know, the ones that don't fling shit at each other like chimps at the zoo, fighting about whether "MUH PC" or "MUH CONSOLE" is better. If I wanted to see that, I'd go to Reddit.

No need for choices in consoles, the people who buy consoles obviously don't care for choice, they want a cheap machine that's simple to operate and "always" works.

What about the people that own both PC and consoles to experience the best of both worlds, have access to all exclusives, etc? Do they not care for choice?

They already pin it out to the highest possible settings. In theory, no one would want to play a game at 24FPS or at 144p, now would they? And who playing a console would actually give two cares? They can't handle more than what they are doing. It's like asking why can't you upgrade a console or why can't you install Windows on a console?

May as well add to the GIF flow.

EGKImCR.gif

When you say "they can't handle more than they are given" are you referring to the players or the consoles?

I like the GIF, but need I remind you Clarkson is the one usually out of his depths of the trio? If you are referring to the gamers, of course :P

I should have skipped straight to the second page. I just don't understand why PC gamers need to resent consoles and console gamers.

When you say "they can't handle more than they are given" are you referring to the players or the consoles?

I like the GIF, but need I remind you Clarkson is the one usually out of his depths of the trio? If you are referring to the gamers, of course :P

I am referring to the consoles here, though I am probably wrong.

I hate the concept of the PC Master Race and that of how one platform is inferior/superior, when this concept is bullshit. What is best is what works best for someone. The best food IMO is Greek, while for you it may be Italian or something else. We all like different things, which is our opinion, but people have trouble separating opinion from fact.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I am referring to the consoles here, though I am probably wrong.

I hate the concept of the PC Master Race and that of how one platform is inferior/superior, when this concept is bullshit. What is best is what works best for someone. The best food IMO is Greek, while for you it may be Italian or something else. We all like different things, which is our opinion, but people have trouble separating opinion from fact.

I agree. In a world where we have limited resources and diverging interests I understand why so many would opt for the simplicity and low-cost of a console. Likewise you enjoy your Mediterranean food and you'll find me at the curry house!

The whole PC master race thing surely can only stem from an inferiority complex? If anything, the purchasing of games by console players means developers have deeper pockets for their future projects. Everyone should be grateful for everyone else in this case :P

Sorry for the convoluted post. The musings of a drunk man :)

I agree. In a world where we have limited resources and diverging interests I understand why so many would opt for the simplicity and low-cost of a console. Likewise you enjoy your Mediterranean food and you'll find me at the curry house!

The whole PC master race thing surely can only stem from an inferiority complex? If anything, the purchasing of games by console players means developers have deeper pockets for their future projects. Everyone should be grateful for everyone else in this case :P

Sorry for the convoluted post. The musings of a drunk man :)

The whole PC Master Race is a satire, according to some people, but the issue is that it is not funny. Not only that, but many have taken it way too far. Though, your idea that it stems from an inferiority complex seems pretty valid to me.

And mmm, curry :D

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I should have skipped straight to the second page. I just don't understand why PC gamers need to resent consoles and console gamers.

Jealousy of certain exclusives; not being able to afford both a PC and a console; childish "No, I'M better" elitism.

Take your pick.

The whole PC Master Race is a satire, according to some people, but the issue is that it is not funny. Not only that, but many have taken it way too far. Though, your idea that it stems from an inferiority complex seems pretty valid to me.

The term 'PC Master Race' was coined by Yahtzee, mocking children who obnoxiously push the whole "I HAVE A PC, I'M SO ELITE, I'M BETTER THAN EVERYONE xD" attitude. But those very children didn't quite understand, and thought they'd take it upon them to give themselves that very title.

I was never aware it was meant to be satirical. Involvement in gaming PC has been limited over the past 10 years for me so I've not followed it greatly. If it ever was satire then it has extended well beyond that and become a genuine viewpoint among many whom we associate with here, unfortunately.

*reaches for an olive*

Jealousy of certain exclusives; not being able to afford both a PC and a console; childish "No, I'M better" elitism.

Take your pick.

The term 'PC Master Race' was coined by Yahtzee, mocking children who obnoxiously push the whole "I HAVE A PC, I'M SO ELITE, I'M BETTER THAN EVERYONE xD" attitude. But those very children didn't quite understand, and thought they'd take it upon them to give themselves that very title.

Then these children grew up and continued using the title? :/

What about the people that own both PC and consoles to experience the best of both worlds, have access to all exclusives, etc? Do they not care for choice?

Not in that instance they don't. People who buy consoles generally don't care for customization, they know that consoles are limited to certain settings and they want the game to run at these settings. It's simple and easy. If they also own a PC they certainly understand the difference.

One of the few advantages consoles have along with the price is the ability to standardize their things such that troubleshooting is easier and whatnot. Since everybody has more or less the same console, to me it makes sense to just have the games optimized to run as well (or as poorly) as the dev can manage.

Take your pick.

Then those children grow up, realize that the PC is actually quite an expensive machine to upgrade, and cry themselves to the console race where they belong :D

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.

Then these children grew up and continued using the title? :/

Hehe Yahtzee as in the guy that does zero punctuation game "review" videos.

But yeah the term came from him using it in one of his videos and it just went from there. He said that it was completely a non serious comment, but the internet runs with what ever it wants and seems to have turned it into a serious stance PC gamers take Vs consoles.

Don't forget your stressing your console by having such settings too. 

And then warranty comes to play... Nope, it won't happen anytime soon. 

They wan't it like that, "plug and play". 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)