I need to vent about retail work

bry123456

So I work at the local JCPenney. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE. I don't understand how people can shred a clothing store that much. Things thrown around. Stuffing a pair of jeans without doing the easiest jean fold in the world. And the fitting rooms.......I don't even wanna know how many things I had to clean out of there today. What is up with people not being able to handle themselves and having to destroy everything? I had to stay there 2 hours after closing tonight because I had to clean up after people. I just don't get it.

That felt good.

Working in retail = frustration, it's like the golden rule of working life, serving customers and dealing with the general public will make you hate things.

If you run a skydiving company however, then your customers are probably cooler and won't destroy your shit because they don't want to fall from an aircraft and die. :D

Working in retail = frustration, it's like the golden rule of working life, serving customers and dealing with the general public will make you hate things.

If you run a skydiving company however, then your customers are probably cooler and won't destroy your shit because they don't want to fall from an aircraft and die. :D

Hahahaha if only it were that easy!

Its just sometimes, I don't get it. I've seen a manager have to clean shit off the floor. I've seen a lady stack up thousands and thousands of dollars worth of clothes and not buy any of it. WHY.

I've learned that working in retail will make you hate people much more than you did when you hadn't worked in retail.

Even a small amount of people could ruin your day.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Hahahaha if only it were that easy!

Its just sometimes, I don't get it. I've seen a manager have to clean shit off the floor. I've seen a lady stack up thousands and thousands of dollars worth of clothes and not buy any of it. WHY.

Because people have much less respect for the property of others than their own, I blame the parents. :lol:

Very briefly after leaving school I worked in a building supply store, and one day somebody (not an animal because I'd have seen it leaving/entering) literally took a shit on the floor in one of the isles by the wood/timber area, it was a fair sized turd as well it must have required some time for delivery.

I couldn't believe that had happened, whoever did that I had seen them come in and seen them leave again among all of the innocents, and they didn't give anything away, the abomination was left in silence until it was discovered.

Because people have much less respect for the property of others than their own, I blame the parents. :lol:

Very briefly after leaving school I worked in a building supply store, and one day somebody (not an animal because I'd have seen it leaving/entering) literally took a shit on the floor in one of the isles by the wood/timber area, it was a fair sized turd as well it must have required some time for delivery.

I couldn't believe that had happened, whoever did that I had seen them come in and seen them leave again among all of the innocents, and they didn't give anything away, the abomination was left in silence until it was discovered.

The one a manager here had to clean wasn't anything extremely bad, but still. Human shit in public is human shit in public lol. You see a lot of dark sides in retail.

Now try working at Micro Center and seeing people treat motherboards the same way they treat the clothing in your store.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I now dem feels, I used to work as a KP in a restaurant, then, after my shift, I had to clean up the tables and the main restaurant.

Conclusion: The British are Barbarians at mediocre restaurants.

Compatible with Windows 95

I've seen a manager have to clean shit off the floor.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: My cousin want me to find out from you how the shit got there. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  She shops online at JC Penny for baby stuff and she said she will stop now.

On a more serious not, it is just the nature of most people who just wants cheap stuff. Here in my country all the stores that sell cheap stuff get hordes of people but they pay for their stuff and there isn't any shit on the floor. heh heh shit on the floor. I could see the manager crying while he is cleaning it up.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: My cousin want me to find out from you how the shit got there. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  She shops online at JC Penny for baby stuff and she said she will stop now.

On a more serious not, it is just the nature of most people who just wants cheap stuff. Here in my country all the stores that sell cheap stuff get hordes of people but they pay for their stuff and there isn't any shit on the floor. heh heh shit on the floor. I could see the manager crying while he is cleaning it up.

We honestly have no idea. It was just there. And I can understand wanting cheap stuff. But to destroy everything in your path?

We honestly have no idea. It was just there. And I can understand wanting cheap stuff. But to destroy everything in your path?

Yeah i know. I saw on Ridiculousness with Rob and the crew, some man just walking in a mall and just shit in a plant pot and in another grocery some woman just shit in the isle like it was nothing. Low morals and values i guess....very low! :unsure:  

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I used to work at John Lewis which is considered to be quite a upmarket department store in the UK. Even there we had to work what was called "recovery" which basically meant re organising all of the clothes that were taken off racks and discarded randomly. Probably the dullest part of my job.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I work retail in the automotive world, and it is making me hate people.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

I use to work in a supermarket, apparently it's too difficult to bend over and pick up something you knock off a shelf, so you kick it under the shelves instead. Thanks you lazy, worthless piece of shit. 

I sit behind a desk and work collections for Safeway. So I hold all the power, and that makes people hate me instead. good feeling. 

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |

I use to work in retail, it was a large electronics store. Customers misplacing things was always a pain in the ass, but working in a clothing store is worse I'm sorry. You have my condolences OP.... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I work retail in the automotive world, and it is making me hate people.

I know the feeling..

Have you had this customer yet?

"I need a thing for my car" < customer

"Alright.. *Awaits the name of the part or part number*" < Me

*Customer just stands there staring for a while*

"Soo.. Are you going to go get it or what?" < customer.

"You haven't told me what it is you need yet" <me

"It's your job to know that" < customer

*I stare in disbelief for a while*

"Then i'll at least need to have a look at the car " <Me

"Oh i don't have that with me. Im here because it's broken" < customer

"I'll still need to know what you need before i can get the part for you" < Me

"Aren't they all the same?" < customer

"..... Just get out" < Me

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I know the feeling..

Have you had this customer yet?

"I need a thing for my car" < customer

"Alright.. *Awaits the name of the part or part number*" < Me

*Customer just stands there staring for a while*

"Soo.. Are you going to go get it or what?" < customer.

"You haven't told me what it is you need yet" <me

"It's your job to know that" < customer

*I stare in disbelief for a while*

"Then i'll at least need to have a look at the car " <Me

"Oh i don't have that with me. Im here because it's broken" < customer

"I'll still need to know what you need before i can get the part for you" < Me

"Aren't they all the same?" < customer

"..... Just get out" < Me

yes, yes I have lol.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

It's called objectification. People see employees in stores and restaurants as objects instead of people. Everyone does it. Yourself included. 

Working at target I know the feeling. It's frustrating, but it helps to know that it's just sociology at work, it's not that they are intentionally being dicks, it's just that they don't see what they are doing as a problem. After all, it is technically your job to clean up after them.

yes, yes I have lol.

It's the worst thing ever.

Second worst one i had was when i ask what kind of car they have and they reply with

"A yellow one".... 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"