LG 29UM65 Monitor Review

Nice thumbnail.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

no bezels tho, that kinda wide screen is good enough for good gaming experience! ;)

Details separate people.

Why not do a review of the AOC 21:9 monitor? It is usually cheaper and closer to 300$. More of a budget choice but still a good monitor.

Quote me to get a reply!

Two of these stacked and De-bezled would look interesting for games.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

@nsyedhasan Yeah i totally agree, i have one of those and they are great! They use the exact same screen as LG, but their housing is cheaper so that makes the monitor cheaper.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Why not do a review of the AOC 21:9 monitor? It is usually cheaper and closer to 300$. More of a budget choice but still a good monitor.

I don't think Linus likes the AOC quality.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

I don't think Linus likes the AOC quality.

I also don't have a contact at AOC.

LG reached out to me to review these.

My local Costco is selling the youngest brother, the 25um65 for $250($150 with a coupon). Do you think the smaller screen will impact the gaming experience? I don't have a big desk so its this or a 27 inch monitor. I won't be doing much productivity on it except for maybe a browser and a essay at the same time.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

A correction... it's 1/2 as much, not 1/3 as much.  The pre-order price was apparently $1500, however I believe the retail price at release will be $1000.  Newegg currently has it listed out of stock at $1100, but maybe they're marking it up for some reason?  I have no clue.  

edit: I don't think you mentioned it, but LG's website specified that this monitor DOES have VESA mounting.  I thought that was worth noting.  

CPU: i7 6850K RAM: 64GB 3200Mhz Mobo: EVGA Micro2 PSU: EVGA P2 850W GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FE

Case: Fractal Design Node 804 Cooler: NH-D15S

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GBSandisk Ultra II 960GB

so when are you going to show some monitors 100-200$ linus. you such an elite 

He'll review them when companies send him some.

CPU: i7 6850K RAM: 64GB 3200Mhz Mobo: EVGA Micro2 PSU: EVGA P2 850W GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FE

Case: Fractal Design Node 804 Cooler: NH-D15S

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GBSandisk Ultra II 960GB

I would really appreciate it if you would review and compare the ASUS MX299Q since there's no side by side comparison at this point. 

Linus could you do a comparison review to the PB27AQ with the BenQ BL2710PT?

Nice review, I'll save up for the 34UM95 then!

What game are you playing, by the way? It looks fun.

Does anyone know where I can find the screen split utility online? Can't find it. 

𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚕

So about that cookie jar is Linus a full blown whovian yet?

Don't really now what to make of widescreen monitors it looks like something I'd really like but I just don't have the money to spare.

So this may be blasphemy, but as someone who is okay with lower dpi and has had 1080p 27 inch monitors for a very long time I'm thinking about the LG 34um65? it's the variant of the 34um95 but with the same resolution of the 29um65. Its final release price looks to be not much more than the 29um65 really.

What do you guys think?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1040789-REG/lg_electronics_34um65_34_ultrawide_full_hd.html

It not good for gaming. Here a link to video tell you why 

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

not sure which to get... this or the xl2720z from benq!

I do a fair amount of multitasking and playing games, the only thing that concerns me with this monitor is the 5ms response time compared to the 1ms for the benq monitor! which wud I benefit the most from? quicker response time or a widescreen for multitasking?

thanks guys!

not sure which to get... this or the xl2720z from benq!

I do a fair amount of multitasking and playing games, the only thing that concerns me with this monitor is the 5ms response time compared to the 1ms for the benq monitor! which wud I benefit the most from? quicker response time or a widescreen for multitasking?

thanks guys!

If you are a gamer the 34 inch will be best because the resolution is best, I am looking into buying the younger brother but still working on the budget 

Linus says at one point in the video you will have to fuss around to get games working and then some games will not even work at this resolution so why is it then he recommended it for people who game?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S