Logitech Mice or Razer Mice?

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new mouse and I was wondering what sort of reccomendations you may have. I was eyeing the G700s, and I was wondering how you felt about it, compared to some of the Razer mice, such as the ouroboros, which I have not heard the best things about. The G502 seems alright, but the slightly lower price point has me a bit worried about its build quality. What would you guys recommend I do? My budget is about 100 USD. However, it is possible for me to go up to about 150 USD. Also, I am right handed, if that helps.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

I would say go for Logitech but mice are a personal choise.

Bottom line is no laser/hybrid. G400s is my personal daily driver. The cable is questionable but I replaced the stock one with a rewired Razer braided cable and it now is awesome. Build quality is pretty good other than the cable. The G502 should have even better build quality than the G400s which means it will be very well made. The DA2013 has very good build quality and it does not cost a ton so this notion that you have to pay a lot for a great mouse is wrong.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I ordered a g502 but for some bizarre reason they aren't shipping yet in the EU, despite being slated for 'April'

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

If you want wireless, I would recommend G602 instead. It has a lot longer battery life than any other wireless gaming mouse, slightly better sensor, plenty of buttons and cheaper (cheaper doesn't mean worse quality).

For wired, G502 is a solid choice. It is very new but it supposedly has a flawless sensor with a nice amount of customization and a few extra buttons over the norm.

The g502 looks pretty awesome.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I would go with a Logitech mouse. The G400s is great, but if you want wireless the g700s is good too.

Bottom line is no laser/hybrid. G400s is my personal daily driver. The cable is questionable but I replaced the stock one with a rewired Razer braided cable and it now is awesome. Build quality is pretty good other than the cable. The G502 should have even better build quality than the G400s which means it will be very well made. The DA2013 has very good build quality and it does not cost a ton so this notion that you have to pay a lot for a great mouse is wrong.

What's wrong with laser gaming mice?

They both make good mice. I prefer Logitech because of their longer warranty.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Acceleration. I can count the laser mice that don't have acceleration on one hand so it is a good rule of thumb to avoid them entirely.

Don't pay too much attention to the price of mice. Once you hit the $40-$50 mark, any correlation between price and quality breaks down completely.

Logitech G400s

Logitech G502

Logitech G602

Razer Deathadder

Those are the best performing mice where Razer and Logitech are concerned. The question is whether any of them have all the features you're looking for.

They're just inferior to optical mice, precision-wise. Nothing major (usually), but as the selection of optical mice grows, there's less and less reason to opt for a laser.

Logitech. Hands down. Go with the G502. Best mouse I've used in a while.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

They both make good mice. I prefer Logitech because of their longer warranty.

Ia gree bothe have good if not great mice it just depends which one suits your style really. I am a fam of logitech because theybmake somw of the best if not the best ergonomic palm grip mice.

Acceleration. I can count the laser mice that don't have acceleration on one hand so it is a good rule of thumb to avoid them entirely.

Have you looked into especially on the newer sensors where this acceleration lies or how much acceleration there actually is? The only sensor I have truly had issue with is the dual sensor razer one. If you look at sendor furst you severely limit yourself. My suggestion is look in this order grip style, shape, number of buttons, features, then sensor. Now obviously if the same or nearly the same mouse comes in optical or a better sensor grab that one but dont make yourself get a mouse you dont think you be happy with just because it has the best sensor ever.

The G502 is not build any cheaper than the G700s. The main reason for the price difference is the G700s is wireless and rechargeable.

If you have any questions let me know as I have allnof the mice you mentioned including the razer.

Logitech. Hands down. Go with the G502. Best mouse I've used in a while.

Dude ill have to agree with you there and I think it was a long time coming because I really never saw a reason to get a G500 or G500s.

Dude ill have to agree with you there and I think it was a long time coming because I really never saw a reason to get a G500 or G500s.

I remember we talked once on how logitech really needed to stop using the same mouse designs over and over(especially in regards to the g500). Looks like they did pretty much exactly as you said.

Been using a G400 for over 2 years. All it needed really was a $10 set of slippery mice feet and after you put them on. It'll last for a really, really long time. I don't see myself replacing this fantastic little mouse anytime soon.

I remember we talked once on how logitech really needed to stop using the same mouse designs over and over(especially in regards to the g500). Looks like they did pretty much exactly as you said.

Yes and im really glad they did change it up because the G502 is a great mouse. The problem was is that the G500(s) was just a slightly modified G400(s). They gave you additional buttons in better places but they kept them in the same style, tiny and hard to press accurately. The main downside was that it had a laser sensor instead of the optical one likely for marketing. This meant that you were potentially giving up something to get a bit more updated layout and feature set. Also if you decided laser was fine the G700(s) was a far better option for numerous reasons. I never recommended the G500(s) and only got mine because I managed to pick it up for ~$20.

I actually wouldnt mind seeing a modernized G400(s) to be truthful as long as the original was kept right along side of it. I had 2 ideas in my head for the direction they could have taken the G500(s) being accentuate its current ergonomics or update them to the G700(s) style. They choose to update them which I happy about but this means they could go the other direction with the "G402". I imagine it would look a close-ish to the MX 1000, their first laser mouse.

On a side note I would like to see another mouse form them that isnt a "MMO Mouse" that has the third ring finger click. Also what happened to the hydrophobic coating that came on all the (s) mice? I really like it but its not on the G602 and G502 and to be truthful I dont know how much I like the rubber section on the G602.

Alright guys, thank you all so, so, so much for all of the suggestions! It looks like I'm going with a Logitech one. Thank you all for contributing. Have a good day.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.