can you remove the drive bays

DearGreatLeader

Nope.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

I wish you could. It would sure make reaching those front fans a little easier...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

nzxt source 210 white case

yes you can. to remove them by drilling the retaining rivets out and later if needing them back can re-rivet them back in place. four from the bottom and four in the ODD bays

81Io7bnlrTL._SL1500_.jpg

yes you can. to remove them by drilling the retaining rivets out and later if needing them back can re-rivet them back in place. four from the bottom and four in the ODD bays

Well, technically... you could remove just about anything from any case, given the proper tools.

But the bays in this case aren't exactly "removable".

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

You can, but it will require some modding and you might not be able to get them back in after.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

Well, technically... you could remove just about anything from any case, given the proper tools.

But the bays in this case aren't exactly "removable".

prolly why this was created in the Case Modding sub forum.

You can, but it will require some modding and you might not be able to get them back in after.

easy peasey to re-install, just need a pop rivet gun and 8-pop rivets.

prolly why this was created in the Case Modding sub forum.

easy peasey to re-install, just need a pop rivet gun and 8-pop rivets.

I would rather just leave rivets out if you are already going through the trouble to remove them and use some more removable like screws (or a nut and bolt) since if you want to remove it again, you'll have to repeat the process.

Or just get some really heavy duty mounting tape (but it could strip paint potentially when try to remove)

I did when I had a Cooler Master Elite 430, it had the same amount of rivets in the same spots.  It was relatively easy too

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Grab a drill, take your time and have fun. I'll be taking a drill to the inside of my Corsair 330R soon :D

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!