Is my iPhone 5S screen damaged?

Hi! I was gifted an iPhone 5S for Christmas and I've been lovin' it! However, today, I just turned on my screen and I saw dark black bars slightly behind my lock screen. It's weird because it's not my lock screen wallpaper so I don't know where it's from :/ They're just like dark and flickering? But then it stopped?

Note that I clean my screen a lot and I usually wash my hands then use my iPhone so that might affect the screen?

Please help! I'm really worried. I love this phone to death :)

It is fine. I don't really need to go into much detail but that happens occasionally on display panels. The only thing you would need to be worried about is if pixels starts dying or if the screen get physically damaged. Then you would need to have someone replace the panel.

As @GingerbreadPK said. Nothing to worry about. If it does get worse or other issues come up. I suggest, make sure you got the Apple Plan protection. If the issue is feasible and not caused by a dumb blonde bimbo with butter fingers. It can be replaced no questions asked, it's saved my bacon (gone through 3 ipod touch's and 3 iphone 4's (lol)).

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

It is fine. I don't really need to go into much detail but that happens occasionally on display panels. The only thing you would need to be worried about is if pixels starts dying or if the screen get physically damaged. Then you would need to have someone replace the panel.

Okay thank you!

Also, would you recommend cases like Lifeproof cases or hard cases that protect the phone?

I mean, would you sacrifice size for protection? Or rather have looks and less protection

I like my iPhones naked 

but they ARE insured, so far I haven't ruined a single iPhone yet (4 years)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Okay thank you!

Also, would you recommend cases like Lifeproof cases or hard cases that protect the phone?

I mean, would you sacrifice size for protection? Or rather have looks and less protection

My iPhone used to have a case and it saved it many times. It wasn't anything expensive just a plastic $15 case from Wal-Mart. Anything that prevents the phone from making contact with the ground will prevent damage.