OnePlus One to feature 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 and 3GB of RAM

TopWargamer

http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/the-oneplus-one-performance-only-the-best-never-settle.864/

Thank you _ASSASSIN_ for sending this my way. I won't be quoting what the OnePlus staff member said, because all he's talking about is the hardware, just in a lot of paragraphs. 

Basically, the OnePlus One is gonna have a Snapdragon 801 clocked at 2.5GHz and 3GB of RAM. Let me remind you that this is going to be a phone priced somewhere around $400. Jeez, you're getting quite a bit of awesome sauce with that $400 price point. 

Other specs include a 13MP camera, 3,100mAh battery, and a metallic body. Again, this is a $400 smartphone.

COMIC SANS

I might have to upgrade to one :)

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

not to mention that it will be running modified Cyanogen with always listening from the Moto X (I presume you can disable that if you care) and your warranty won't be void when you unlock and root the phone :D

so these should work with any given SIM right?

Error: 410

Again, this is a $400 smartphone.

:o wow

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

not to mention that it will be running modified Cyanogen with always listening from the Moto X (I presume you can disable that if you care) and your warranty won't be void when you unlock and root the phone :D

That last part is another major reason why I really want this phone. In all honesty, there won't even much of a need to ROM the phone, since it's already running a near-stock ROM. Still want to root it though. 

I know I have a great phone already (LG G2) but I have the worst luck with custom ROMs, and I've already bricked one of my G2s. if I got the OnePlus One, that means that if I mess it up, I can just send it in to them and get a new one "free of a charge." I'll more than likely end up selling off my G2 for this phone, but I'm gonna wait about a month or so to do that. 

COMIC SANS

so these should work with any given SIM right?

Only on GSM carriers - so basically any carrier ever except for Verizon, Sprint, and the little guys who use one or both of those networks (such as US Cellular, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, etc.). I don't believe that other countries have to deal with CDMA carriers, so ya...

Good thing I switched over to T-Mobile, which I am deeply in love with.

:D

COMIC SANS

That last part is another major reason why I really want this phone. In all honesty, there won't even much of a need to ROM the phone, since it's already running a near-stock ROM. Still want to root it though. 

I know I have a great phone already (LG G2) but I have the worst luck with custom ROMs, and I've already bricked one of my G2s. if I got the OnePlus One, that means that if I mess it up, I can just send it in to them and get a new one "free of a charge." I'll more than likely end up selling off my G2 for this phone, but I'm gonna wait about a month or so to do that. 

..That's not really a decent reason why to get it, but ok. I'd say more because it's a 5.5 inch 1080p phone.

..That's not really a decent reason why to get it, but ok. I'd say more because it's a 5.5 inch 1080p phone.

Well, I have other reasons as well, of course. 

-It's better spec'd in just about every way possible (aka in CPU, GPU, RAM, screen size, and battery life)

-It'll work 100% on T-Mobile's network (my CDMA G2 doesn't have all of the radio frequencies for TMo)

-OnePlus One's anti-screw up warranty

-Metallic body 

-Expandable storage

COMIC SANS

I also want to add to the people saying that the price this isn't possible, because it totally is. OnePlus is spending barely anything on advertisment, they are using word of mouth (like this post on the forum) to spread news about their device, where as big companies spend lots and lots of money on their advertising and R&D where as OnePlus isn't doing that so much. An example of the cut on R&D would be the always listening feature was already implemented on the Nexus 5 via some hacks that one of the dev's at OmniROM found (turns out the tech is on every single snapdragon 800 phone). Cyanogen just re-implemented this known hack. So yes, I don't doubt that they can provide this much awesome in the small a price.

I also want to add to the people saying that the price this isn't possible, because it totally is. OnePlus is spending barely anything on advertisment, they are using word of mouth (like this post on the forum) to spread news about their device, where as big companies spend lots and lots of money on their advertising and R&D where as OnePlus isn't doing that so much. The always listening feature was already implemented on the Nexus 5 via some hacks that one of the dev's at OmniROM found (turns out the tech is on every single snapdragon 800 phone). Cyanogen just re-implemented this known hack. So yes, I don't doubt that they can provide this much awesome in the small a price.

Not just that, but you can also prove that it's a legit $400 smartphone.

Nexus 5 - $350

Look at all of the awesome sauce that you get with that. 

The OnePlus One is essentially a Nexus 5 with better specs (not too much better, which is why the upgrade in hardware is "cheaper", but still better), better camera, better battery, and a metallic body. I'd say all of that fairly constitutes the $50 rise in price. Plus it's being manufactured in China, so cheap labor. All sounds plausible and legit to me.

COMIC SANS

Only 15 more days..... Must remain CALM.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I don't think I could ever bring myself to own a device with a name that awful, haha.

What's with this weird obsession with calling everything "One" as of late. It's getting ridiculous. 

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Can I, like, use an indelible felt-tip to put a different name on it? Hopefully any OnePlus One branding will be simple silk print that you can rub off, because that is a really crap name.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Really hope this device lives up to all the hype we're giving it!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |