Skyrim crashes when loading save

NormalPcGamer.

Every time I try to load a save on skyrim it will crash instantly to the desktop.

what I've tried that didn't work

-disable/delete mods/ran with no mods and ran the tes5 editor with no problems

-load a different save, and when I start a new game it will crash after a minute or so

-I've tried reinstalling it

-I ran my friends save file on my computer and my save file on his computer and they work

-I've tried the steam game sharing thing

-I tried lowering the sound quality

I've been googling for weeks and I cant find a solution and I have no idea on what's causing it. None of my save files will work only on my computer and starting a game wont work either.

if it will help heres my specs

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3jm0m     I'm running windows 8.1

thanks.

Could possibly be the horrible system of Skyrim. I would recommend looking into the mods that indicate how much RAM/VRAM is being used up. Skyrim uses a system where it uses like 216mb or something at first and if that gets full it adds another.

Could possibly be the horrible system of Skyrim. I would recommend looking into the mods that indicate how much RAM/VRAM is being used up. Skyrim uses a system where it uses like 216mb or something at first and if that gets full it adds another.

But even with no mods at all it will still crash.

some mods still crash the game when you deactivate them because they leave files left over, a few of my mods needed to be uninstalledl it in game before uninstalling it in nexus mod manager 

some mods still crash the game when you deactivate them because they leave files left over, a few of my mods needed to be uninstalledl it in game before uninstalling it in nexus mod manager 

When I put my friends save files on my computer it worked with no problem so I don't think its something with mods, but I could be wrong.

Well then you might be stuffed. Mods can leave permanent unfixable damage in your save game.

Im guessing you have been saving over your last save game when you save?

Just start a new game. You can easily use commands to catch up on quests and get all your items and skills back. It also guarantees you won't have a save with missing scripts.

When playing with mods, try your best not to remove mods with scripts. 

Well then you might be stuffed. Mods can leave permanent unfixable damage in your save game.

Im guessing you have been saving over your last save game when you save?

I do save often but none of the saves work.

Just start a new game. You can easily use commands to catch up on quests and get all your items and skills back. It also guarantees you won't have a save with missing scripts.

It still crashes after about a minute or so

I do save often but none of the saves work.

Hmm that is really strange.

It still crashes after about a minute or so

Then you either have

a) mod conflicts. Best to do a fresh install. 

b) an issue with modified ini files. Go find your skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini and delete them. The game will then regenerate the default files once you load skyrim again.

c) a problem with vanilla game files. Do a fresh install.

Then you either have

a) mod conflicts. Best to do a fresh install. 

B) an issue with modified ini files. Go find your skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini and delete them. The game will then regenerate the default files once you load skyrim again.

c) a problem with vanilla game files. Do a fresh install.

I've done at least 5 fresh installs and deleted those 2 files countless times.

using the console commands for questline speed up is generally a bad idea as it can cause all kinds of inconsistencies.

Having to give up on Chars is just something you will have to live with if you over mod your game, sorry. What I usually do is choosing all the mods I wanna use and then start a new game and not change them mid-game that's the save-rout and even then Skyrim magic can always ruin everything B) just try not to put to much strain on the game.

P.S. as always make sure to post you problem on the nexus forums if there's help you'll find it there.

Mods that runs tons of scripts are major sources of CTDs and other problems. Frostfall, hunterborn and realistic needs and diseases are especially bad on this front.

Run BOSS Download here and see if it throws anything funny up in the logs.

Also, Uninstall Skyrim and run a registry cleaner. CCleaner is the one I use.

"Do not pray for and easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

"A place where everything and nothing exists, this is my playground."