H500 and PSU Help

FARAWAYPLACE98
Go to solution Solved by FARAWAYPLACE98,
17 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

So... Is the case on the ground? Is the ground carpet or hardwood? If there are ventilation holes, then you will be fine mounting the PSU fan up.

It's on hardwood

Hey guys,

So I just bought the h500 but I have a cupboard above my table. So i had to remove the feet and made custom feet for the case, however I still think the airflow won't be enough for the PSU. Wanted to ask if I could mount the PSU with fan upwards. The h500 has holes around the PSU shroud.

Thanks

So... Is the case on the ground? Is the ground carpet or hardwood? If there are ventilation holes, then you will be fine mounting the PSU fan up.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

17 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

It's on hardwood

4 hours ago, FARAWAYPLACE98 said:

It's on hardwood

If your "legs" for the case are atleast as high as originals, then its fine. You will get more dust vs having case on the table, but just clean filter regularly and everything is ok. Besides, if you have quality PSU, it won't run that hot that it would even need massive cooling. Some of better PSUs only utilize fan when they are under 60%+ load.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv