"The WAN Party"

Dr3nz4r

Hey folks,

In the LTT Steam Group (semi Official) there was a "discussion" about an extension of the general WAN Show Program.

My basic Idea was to make a WAN Party every so often with selected Game Titles, and Voice Communication ofc (Razer COmms,TS etc).

The few people reacting to this discussion were definitly for this thing, so let me know what you guys think from this.

In my optinion this would be bloody amazing!

Greetz

Dr3nz4r

PS: The Steam Group I talked about is this one (created by me now lead by Windspeed36)

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

I hope they have black jack and hookers...

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Wow 6 votes that fast :o

This forum is amazing

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

12 votes(and counting) "Hell yeah!" 0 votes anything else.

Lets do This!

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I haven't watched a single after party ...........might watch the wan party probably if it turns out to be fun!

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

I don't like to be the one negative guy, so I'll start off by saying that I think the idea is great, but I do have a couple of questions.

Would this be as a subsitute for the Afterparty or an addition to it? It might not even be related to the WAN show and just be on some other set dates.

What people from the Steam group would play the games? Since a large amount of people talking at the same time wouldn't be all that entertaining, there would atleast have to be some restriction on who could talk to eachother on TS or Razer Comms. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I don't like to be the one negative guy, so I'll start off by saying that I think the idea is great, but I do have a couple of questions.

Would this be as a subsitute for the Afterparty or an addition to it? It might not even be related to the WAN show and just be on some other set dates.

What people from the Steam group would play the games? Since a large amount of people talking at the same time wouldn't be all that entertaining, there would atleast have to be some restriction on who could talk to eachother on TS or Razer Comms. 

I think this would be perfectly feasible to do even with the after party. All we would have to do is declare "Everyone join Razer Comms after WAN show or afterparty" and I am sure people will show up. As for everyone talking at once we can try it one week and see if it is that bad.

The only complication I see is we will probably need moderators for this. Either existing forum ones or volunteer.

I think this would be perfectly feasible to do even with the after party. All we would have to do is declare "Everyone join Razer Comms after WAN show or afterparty" and I am sure people will show up. As for everyone talking at once we can try it one week and see if it is that bad.

I didn't even think about the attendance problem. I don't think that would be a problem though.

As for the speaking problem, I think on possible solution might be to have some set topics and have a couple of people be moderators, just to keep everyone in check. 

Edit: There is also the question about location. If you want to play with members of the LMG staff, you are bound to atleast live in North America. So, would the ´WAN Party´ only be an North American event, or would the be a secondary one that is for Europe and a third one for Australia and Asia? Of course you could still participate in the conversation no matter where you are located, assuming you can stay awake or wake up early.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

The only doubts I have about this is that whether Linus has preoccupations immediately after the WAN Show (Wife/baby?) and whether this will clash with Slick's current After party. Besides that, I'm all for it.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I didn't even think about the attendance problem. I don't think that would be a problem though.

As for the speaking problem, I think on possible solution might be to have some set topics and have a couple of people be moderators, just to keep everyone in check. 

Edit: There is also the question about location. If you want to play with members of the LMG staff, you are bound to atleast live in North America. So, would the ´WAN Party´ only be an North American event, or would the be a secondary one that is for Europe and a third one for Australia and Asia? Of course you could still participate in the conversation no matter where you are located, assuming you can stay awake or wake up early.

Yea, What about India? Although no one will be there to play i guess.. ;)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Edit: There is also the question about location. If you want to play with members of the LMG staff, you are bound to atleast live in North America. So, would the ´WAN Party´ only be an North American event, or would the be a secondary one that is for Europe and a third one for Australia and Asia? 

One youtuber I follow that you will not have heard of holds weekly events at random times and whoever gets into the limited slot server are the ones who get to play. I think that is the most effective way of doing things really. If european people decide to show up then who are we to tell them to leave. If whatever the median of communication has limited slots then the euro folk are at a disadvantage due to pings but it won't be perfect.

Overall if we get a solid plan for the first week we can adjust as time goes on.

I have another idea on how to work out the communication problem but I am not in a position to type it right now, Ill post it later.

I thought of this as an special afterparty. SO there would be no normal one just the Wan Party, and the Wan Show slightly shortend if it otherwise gets too much for Linus and Slick.

Also I thought that it would be like every 50th or 100th wan show.. like something special...

I'd also limit the amount of peoplke to about 32 or something.... in case of TS(not sure about Comms) there can be multiple games played once, and having Linus and Slick switching around after a while :D

So there whould be like max 10 - 20 people in one channel (depending on game and Team size)

And to be able to play you would have to be in the Steam Group, and Forum member or something...

I thought of this as like a Internet WAN first... If everything goes cool and LMG wants to they could try and Organize this as a Local event.

Because Local events are fun but, you do not have the ability for everyone to be ABLE to participate...

One youtuber I follow that you will not have heard of holds weekly events at random times and whoever gets into the limited slot server are the ones who get to play. I think that is the most effective way of doing things really. If european people decide to show up then who are we to tell them to leave. If whatever the median of communication has limited slots then the euro folk are at a disadvantage due to pings but it won't be perfect.

Overall if we get a solid plan for the first week we can adjust as time goes on.

I have another idea on how to work out the communication problem but I am not in a position to type it right now, Ill post it later.

Im having better Pings on US servers then EU servers, even though i Live near Cologne

So, im guessing black jack and hookers are not planned?

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

So, im guessing black jack and hookers are not planned?

Not right now, but it may be a great idea :o

We also need gambling

We need people to sponsor those then.. and someone who organized the gambels

As said this is just a "I would like this" or "i dont like it" question... there still is a need for a solid plan to do this :)

Edit: forgot to tag Linus and Slick somewhere

@LinusTech

@Slick

I would like it if they could make it 1 hour and have the other hour or so just random crap like playing games or watching videos. i like the show but sometimes i don't wanna sit there for 2 hours you know.

I don't want it too be too long. If it after the WAN show then it will be about 3-4 hours. Maybe it can happen the day after Friday maybe Saturday or Sunday?

I don't want it too be too long. If it after the WAN show then it will be about 3-4 hours. Maybe it can happen the day after Friday maybe Saturday or Sunday?

I was thinking of the following:

Shortern the actual WAN Show the day this happens, no real "Afterparty" insted a WAN Party and this like every first WAN show a month or such..

I was thinking of the following:

Shortern the actual WAN Show the day this happens, no real "Afterparty" insted a WAN Party and this like every first WAN show a month or such..

Yes, that wouldn't be bad, but i don't want to occupy 3-4 hours of my time on the same day. I'd say we could have the next day or the day before.

I thought of this as an special afterparty. SO there would be no normal one just the Wan Party, and the Wan Show slightly shortend if it otherwise gets too much for Linus and Slick.

Also I thought that it would be like every 50th or 100th wan show.. like something special...

Wut? That's just too long. You realise that at this rate it's months away (I guess...) and the next one would be almost a year from then. (since a year is 52 weeks and there's one WAN show a week) So I would say just do it as a community event, it doesn't have to be connected to the WAN show, and it could be held maybe once a month, or once every 2 weeks.

And yeah, I would say that there should be two separate events for Europeans and Americans.

Other than that I would say it's a great idea and I'd love to participate in it.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Yes, that wouldn't be bad, but i don't want to occupy 3-4 hours of my time on the same day. I'd say we could have the next day or the day before.

With my idea the whole Wan Party would be around 2 Hours

With my idea the whole Wan Party would be around 2 Hours

Then I'd love to have on an other day. 

Then I'd love to have on an other day. 

It's not mandatory to stay the whole 2 hours, you know... ;)

But yes, I think the best solution is to have it on an other day, in an other time slot that appeals to both North Americans and Europeans, or have to separate events, because where I'm from the WAN show starts at around 1:30 AM (but closer to 2AM). I don't know about others though, obviously if it's good for everyone else then cool, I just won't go then.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

It's not mandatory to stay the whole 2 hours, you know... ;)

exactly!