GPU Memory Voltage while overclocking

pstarlord

I'm back with another Voltage question, this time on the RAM of my Vega 56.  I've got the RAM speed at 950 MHz right now, and the voltage is at 900 mV.  My questions are:

1- is 150 MHz overclock on the GPU Memory average?  Above or below?  Can't seem to find much info out there other than people glossing over it. 

2- I've tried pushing the Memory speed to 1000 MHz to no success. I'm assuming that it would need more voltage to support the faster speeds, I've tried pushing it up to 1100 mV. but I'd rather not push voltage too far.  How far is "too far" in a situation like this. 

It's a Sapphire NItro+ Vega 56 if that matters. 

Thanks!

Im guessing you can't tune your actually memory voltage and your tuning your core voltage which only affects the core and your core clock if im not mistaken. Increasing the core voltage won't increase stability of your memory. You might just be at the chips limits. As for pushing voltage to far, I've run a ton of my cards at the max the core voltage will let me with stock settings. Wouldn't be doing that if you unlock voltage or something though.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

4 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Im guessing you can't tune your actually memory voltage and your tuning your core voltage which only affects the core and your core clock if im not mistaken. Increasing the core voltage won't increase stability of your memory. You might just be at the chips limits. As for pushing voltage to far, I've run a ton of my cards at the max the core voltage will let me with stock settings. Wouldn't be doing that if you unlock voltage or something though.

No, i'ts memory voltage.  My Core clock is at 1677 MHz and my core voltage is at 1100mV  Unless I'm VERY confused, and misreading this.  It's possible. Watt.thumb.png.13017326fcb7b1aa296f2d154f140afb.png

6 minutes ago, pstarlord said:

No, i'ts memory voltage.  My Core clock is at 1677 MHz and my core voltage is at 1100mV  Unless I'm VERY confused, and misreading this.  It's possible. 

nah I think you're right. I use MSI afterburner, I don't have any experience using the AMD software to do it. My mistake.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]