Cpu fan broke - need help please!

JeremyS244

So I've noticed that my stock Intel cooler has been loose and this has caused my CPU to have been at 100 degrees C for a while and I have no idea how long this has been happening! I will atatch a picture of the problem. I don't know if there's anyway of fixing it and if not I need a recommendation of a cooler that's the same size please! Sorry if I sound a bit demanding or rude! Thanks in advance!

image.jpg

Get yourself a budget cooler. Basically anything out there will work and fit that as its been the same mounting solution for Intel since Sandy Bridge back in 2011 when they moved to the 11XX socket size. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Ok cool thanks very much for the advice! Was thinking that too but only problem is that I don't think I can go any bigger than this cooler - I'll attach a pic. Wondering if u could please possibly give a recommendation? :D. As shown very little ram clearance as the board is micro ATX

image.jpg

47 minutes ago, JeremyS244 said:

Ok cool thanks very much for the advice! Was thinking that too but only problem is that I don't think I can go any bigger than this cooler - I'll attach a pic. Wondering if u could please possibly give a recommendation? :D. As shown very little ram clearance as the board is micro ATX

image.jpg

There are tower coolers that will fit. Like H7, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 etc. Your cases height limits might be issue. Which case and what stores you will be using?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm using the dark soul PC case which is an ATX case :P. Ty for reply btw!

Unless the pin is broken, you can just properly install the cooler by pushing the pin in and turn it clockwise to lock it into place.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 11/23/2018 at 1:56 PM, JeremyS244 said:

I'm using the dark soul PC case which is an ATX case :P. Ty for reply btw!

Budget case... Do you know how much space it has for a cooler? From experience I think it will be under 155mm. Cryorig H7 and M9i will fit for sure. The rest I don't remember.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv