Max temp of the gtx 1070 while playing shadow of the tomb raide

Roudy sahmarani
Go to solution Solved by WkdPaul,

Yes, simply change the settings you want and don't touch the core and mem frequencies.

Hey guys again if i have uped the core voltage to the max on 100% will it damage my card or no? I have used that and try it on assassin's creed odyssey and see the voltage go up to max at 1093 voltage so am i killing my card or will this voltage increase in afterburner be safe and btw i try it for 30 min ans revert everything back to normal so will this damage my card in any way?

no it will not hurt it. the VBIOS has a hard limit of voltage that the card can use, which is 1093mv on the 10XX cards, so you will never be able to go beyond that without a custom VBIOS hack. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

48 minutes ago, NEO_STARK said:

Does it have the 80+ efficiency rating?

Even if it does 600w seems bare minimum and I'd recommend around 750w or 850w but that depends on how much you wanna overclock. I am not an expert in Overclocking, so It'd be better if you made a different post to ask about it.

You'll get better answers there :)

Yes it is 80+ my friend and i have removed the overclock and revert it back to normal thank you so much

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

no it will not hurt it. the VBIOS has a hard limit of voltage that the card can use, which is 1093mv on the 10XX cards, so you will never be able to go beyond that without a custom VBIOS hack. 

Thank you so this will never damage my card?

Just now, Roudy sahmarani said:

Thank you so this will never damage my card?

Correct. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, MkaiL said:

What program did you use to overclock? It should have a "default" button that reverts the settings. You won't be able to check stock speeds, pascal cards never run on base clock because of gpu boost 3.0

I have used afterburner but in general to see if the card is runing on the stock speed and not the overclocked one i need to know if the oc has gone and not saved on the card bios or profile my friend i want to check if it has reverted to normal speed

Can i use the afterburner to change the fan curve of gtx 1070 fe and to show thw osd? Without overclocking thr card and keep it at stock?

Yes, simply change the settings you want and don't touch the core and mem frequencies.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

if I understand what you're asking correctly, yes, you should be able to adjust the fan curves without overclocking.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

1 hour ago, Roudy sahmarani said:

I have used afterburner but in general to see if the card is runing on the stock speed and not the overclocked one i need to know if the oc has gone and not saved on the card bios or profile my friend i want to check if it has reverted to normal speed

So how to check this?

My gtx1060 maxes at 83c

the max temperature for pascal cards is 95c. So, anything up to 88c should be fine although most cards will hit 84c max.

2 minutes ago, NEO_STARK said:

My gtx1060 maxes at 83c

the max temperature for pascal cards is 95c. So, anything up to 88c should be fine although most cards will hit 84c max.

Sorry my man i dont know why the question has merged with this topic but this is my question

I have used afterburner but in general to see if the card is runing on the stock speed and not the overclocked one i need to know if the oc has gone and not saved on the card bios or profile my friend i want to check if it has reverted to normal speed