Got a EVGA 780Ti for christmas, runs hot, slow, and loud stock settings?

Baurblades43

So I've seen lots of benchmarks using the 780Ti and they were absolutely fantastic! So I just had to get one. I put it in my computer and it was very good, and I loved it, but then after I got MSI Afterburner, I realized the fans were going quite fast/loud(I'm wearing a noise canceling headset so I couldn't really hear it while ingame). And also, it was hitting 78-83 degrees and I heared you don't really want to go higher than 80 degrees. So when I ramp up the fan, yes it cools down, but it sounds like a jet engine!! All of the videos I watched said this card, and all other EVGA stock coolers were dead silent. Why do people even get the stock cooler on this card when you can get one of those cards with an aftermarket cooler thats much better, such as ACX for just a bit more money? It just doesn't make sense to me.

RMA

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Stock cooler is sexy as F***.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

I would buy a stock card and then remove the heatsink and cool it with an NZXT kraken G10. But I don't think it should be doing that... RMA it.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Try setting a custom fan curve.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Stock cooler is sexy as F***.

Couldn't agree more. I feel like the stock cooler for the 780/780ti/Titan doesn't get as much love as it deserves.

edit: I know the Titan cooler is slightly different, but it is still sexy as hell

83C is normal for the card to run at.

Although after playing with my friends reference 780ti, It is clear that my ACX is quieter and cooler.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

83C is normal for the card to run at.

Although after playing with my friends reference 780ti, It is clear that my ACX is quieter and cooler.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

Yes it is very very attractive.. Okay 83 is normal? Good. Isn't RMA'ing things just a pain in the butt and then in the end all you have is the annoyance of them taking weeks to months thinking what to say just so they don't have to give you a new one?  

Ummm I'm actually quite scared right now. I just used MSI combuster, and ran the 720 preset test and my computer was making a weird whine noise... O_O WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT!?

EDIT: The open GL test runs fine without a whine, but a "GF OC Test" creates the whine

Ummm I'm actually quite scared right now. I just used MSI combuster, and ran the 720 preset test and my computer was making a weird whine noise... O_O WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT!?

If its coming from the gpu RMA it as soon as possible my reference card never runs that hot although 83 degrees is fine for a gpu 

So I've seen lots of benchmarks using the 780Ti and they were absolutely fantastic! So I just had to get one. I put it in my computer and it was very good, and I loved it, but then after I got MSI Afterburner, I realized the fans were going quite fast/loud(I'm wearing a noise canceling headset so I couldn't really hear it while ingame). And also, it was hitting 78-83 degrees and I heared you don't really want to go higher than 80 degrees. So when I ramp up the fan, yes it cools down, but it sounds like a jet engine!! All of the videos I watched said this card, and all other EVGA stock coolers were dead silent. Why do people even get the stock cooler on this card when you can get one of those cards with an aftermarket cooler thats much better, such as ACX for just a bit more money? It just doesn't make sense to me.

what brand did you buy?

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

I know how that feels. That should perform as said, being the fastest card on the planet (single gpu for consumer grade), the fans and temps should follow the same dignity. Its a 780Ti for loves' sake. 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Its the stock EVGA

can;t you do the 90 day upgrade thing and pay the difference for the acx cooler? i saw someone talk about this on another thread

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

can;t you do the 90 day upgrade thing and pay the difference for the acx cooler? i saw someone talk about this on another thread

Is that a thing with Newegg? I'm looking at the card I bought now, and they are saying you cannot get a refund, just a replacement within 30 days, I see nothing that has to do with an upgrade.

Why would anyone get a stock 780ti over any other amazing aftermarket cooler when they are just a little more and they are quieter, more efficient, and just better..? For the looks just seems like a ridiculous response.

Is that a thing with Newegg? I'm looking at the card I bought now, and they are saying you cannot get a refund, just a replacement within 30 days, I see nothing that has to do with an upgrade.

http://eu.evga.com/support/stepup/ have a read and see if you are eligible, especially with the warranty part

http://eu.evga.com/support/stepup/ have a read and see if you are eligible, especially with the warranty part

I read in the bottom that it has to be a GPU upgrade, they made an example such as this 

• GTX 460 768MB → GTX 460 1GB: NO (Same GPU)

So I'm not sure if a fan upgrade would work...

I read in the bottom that it has to be a GPU upgrade, they made an example such as this 

• GTX 460 768MB → GTX 460 1GB: NO (Same GPU)

So I'm not sure if a fan upgrade would work...

hmm you could always just email or call them, you have nothing to lose