1060 mini vs full-size?

ant666_2

Hey, what's the difference between a 1060 mini and full size cards because the mini is a fair bit cheaper. Is proformance affected. And I'm guessing I won't be able to overclock? 

1 minute ago, ant666_2 said:

Hey, what's the difference between a 1060 mini and full size cards because the mini is a fair bit cheaper. Is proformance affected. And I'm guessing I won't be able to overclock? 

if your case does fit a full size gpu then there's no reason to go for the mini

The mini cards are, as expected, in fact mini. They are smaller, that means they do not provide the same abilities for cooling the components on the card, as the full size model does. The mini versions are made for small cases. :)

i7-6850K, ASRock X99 Taichi, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000Mhz CL15, 2x EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 SLI, some SSD's/HDD's, EVGA G2 1300W PSU,

quite a few Coldzero Parts ... all inside an Corsair Obsidian 900D - detailled information on my Profil

5 minutes ago, ant666_2 said:

the 1060 is actually a short card to start with and long versions are mostly added cooler if its a reference PCB card.

a good mini card should still overclock I just say get a 6Gb card not a 3Gb because Vram is important 

5 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

the 1060 is actually a short card to start with and long versions are mostly added cooler if its a reference PCB card.

a good mini card should still overclock I just say get a 6Gb card not a 3Gb because Vram is important 

Its not just the vram thats worse on the 3Gb it also features less cuda cores

1 minute ago, Mephi00 said:

Its not just the vram thats worse on the 3Gb it also features less cuda cores

I don't understand what they where thinking with 3Gb of V ram that's not enough for games anymore and then you have the 1050ti with 4gb don't get the thought process at Nvidia for that one.

4 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

I don't understand what they where thinking with 3Gb of V ram that's not enough for games anymore and then you have the 1050ti with 4gb don't get the thought process at Nvidia for that one.

No one gets the latest thoughts of NVidia, especially with the pricing of rtx and the raytracing performance bullshit?