quick switch of graphiccards?

my 2080 ti is a rma and have to put a 980 ti in for the time being! can i just swap it or do i have to deinstall something?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

Technically you are changing from Nvidia card to Nvidia card, so you should be good. So try just swapping first.

But if something strange happens, then reinstall the Graphics driver.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Technically you are changing from Nvidia card to Nvidia card, so you should be good. So try just swapping first.

But if something strange happens, then reinstall the Graphics driver.

thanks cause my 2080 ti was getting very hot and freezing every hour but now there are artifacts have to pull it out

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

I would uninstall the driver first, then re-install it with the 980ti in

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

1 minute ago, josbeph83 said:

I would uninstall the driver first, then re-install it with the 980ti in

But isn't it the exact same driver?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I thought they used different drivers as they are different cards

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

8 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

they're installed using the same .exe, but depending on their implementation they might either install for all supported hardware, or just install for the card they found.

so far I didn't have to reinstall drivers when I switched between nvidia generations (the driver was up to date at the time), so your mileage may still vary

(which is to say remember to reinstall drivers if something isn't working after the switch, as the first troubleshooting step)

thanks but i deleted the driver and then putz my 980 ti in! i heard that if you spaw computerparts odten does that revoke your windows 10 key! i watched one of linus video that explained that! cause i want to put after the 980 ti a 2080 ti fe and then 1 month later a strix version in