Looking for advice part 2

So I posted a few weeks back about a build I wanted to do and was looking for any advice as for this is my first build. After doing some research and a few things selling out I have made some adjustments and thankfully my job had a bunch of overtime available in the past few weeks so it’s time to make this a reality. Hoping to get some deals this weekend but who knows. Anyway any advice would be appreciated. I have storage already and a Gpu...thanks for reading and enjoy whatever it is you celebrate this time of year (if anything)!

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/iTakeThings/saved/cj3vnQ

On 11/3/2018 at 1:10 PM, iTakeThings said:

Currently have a msi z96 mobo 4790k 16gb ddr3

your build is still very competitive. its really bad time & price for intel upgrade.

....unless you just have too much to spend

19 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

your build is still very competitive. its really bad time & price for intel upgrade.

I wouldn't bother upgrading the CPU or mobo from 4th gen, just cooling really. 

4th gen is still great, I have my I7 4790K with a 1080 and play almost everything I want maxed out 1440p no problem

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

27 minutes ago, iTakeThings said:

So I posted a few weeks back about a build I wanted to do and was looking for any advice as for this is my first build. After doing some research and a few things selling out I have made some adjustments and thankfully my job had a bunch of overtime available in the past few weeks so it’s time to make this a reality. Hoping to get some deals this weekend but who knows. Anyway any advice would be appreciated. I have storage already and a Gpu...thanks for reading and enjoy whatever it is you celebrate this time of year (if anything)!

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/iTakeThings/saved/cj3vnQ

The one thing i can really tell you:

the evga psu is pretty loud, I‘ve got it in a raijintek paean with a 9900k@5Ghz with a h150i pro rgb and it still manages to be the loudest part of my build

45 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

I know I’m not in need necessarily. I’ve noticed some slight issues when I got a new monitor so I started thinking of something with more power and my brother really wants a pc but isn’t in a position where he can get one so I figured  might as well build a new one for me and give him my current one. 

27 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I wouldn't bother upgrading the CPU or mobo from 4th gen, just cooling really. 

4th gen is still great, I have my I7 4790K with a 1080 and play almost everything I want maxed out 1440p no problem

Even at 1440p? I upgraded to a new monitor and I’ve noticed some slight issues when maxing out more graphic heavy titles and I have a 2080. What monitor do you have if you don’t mind me asking? I thought for sure it was my system. Maybe I’m just doing something wrong. I also could have unrealistic expectations.

31 minutes ago, Mephi00 said:

The one thing i can really tell you:

the evga psu is pretty loud, I‘ve got it in a raijintek paean with a 9900k@5Ghz with a h150i pro rgb and it still manages to be the loudest part of my build

If my computer is on I will almost always have music playing so I probably wouldn’t be able to hear anything 

36 minutes ago, iTakeThings said:

Even at 1440p? I upgraded to a new monitor and I’ve noticed some slight issues when maxing out more graphic heavy titles and I have a 2080. What monitor do you have if you don’t mind me asking? I thought for sure it was my system. Maybe I’m just doing something wrong. I also could have unrealistic expectations.

1440p is less CPU bound than 1080p to begin with. the monitor i have is a Philips 32" VA panel, dont remember any model number as i got it used

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, iTakeThings said:

If my computer is on I will almost always have music playing so I probably wouldn’t be able to hear anything 

Then there is no reason not to get one